Unfair

Life's not fair. Well, that's my opinion. Imagine? Your crush and your bestfriend are dating! Shiela knows about my feelings for Mark, but she dated him. To tell you honestly, I felt betrayed. Your bestfriend knows about you having crush on someone but she said that she loves him. Take note, love. She loves him to the point that she's willing to give up anything just to be with him. And yeah, she's willing to give me up just for Mark. I didn't think she can do that but now, I know she can.

I saw a person standing in front of me so I looked up immediately, it's Shiela. She's smiling brightly as if something good happened. "Hey. What's up?" I asked her. Trying to sound happy. "Nothing. We just watched some movies yesterday." She said. Oh that's why. Because of Mark again. Mark here, Mark there, Mark everywhere!

"Oh. Okay." I said then I immediately diverted my gaze. I don't wanna stare at her for a long time because I might break down. I'm not yet okay of this set up. But I have to get used to it.

"Hey Ruby!" Shit. He's here. And why did he greet me? Ugh. Stupid, Ruby. You're his friend remember? And please remember that they're dating because Mark asked you to introduce him to Shiela.

"Oh. Hi Mark." I smiled at him then I diverted my gaze. Again. I don't wanna look at them.

I was shocked beacuse he sat beside me. "Hey! Why did you sit there?" I can't help but ask him. "Chill. We have no seating arrangements right? So I can sit wherever I want. Got a problem with that?" Oh. I forgot that we don't have seating plan. "Of course I have no problem." Then I smiled sweetly.

The teacher came and I'm very thankful because I have a reason not to talk to Mark. I just focused on what the teacher is saying.

**

Break time. I have to eat by myself because I don't want to see those two flirting in front of me, but Mark dragged me. Wait, he dragged me?! "Hey! Where are you taking me?! And where's Shiela?" Okay. I think I'm overreacting.

"Can you please shut up, Ruby? Just this time. Please." I want to protest but I guess he's right. I have to shut up. It's not like he's going to do something bad.

He stopped. I looked around. Why did he bring me here? It's our favorite place, by the way.

"Why are we here?" I asked. Is he going to ask a favor again?

"I just wanna ask you something." Something? Yeah, Ruby, a favor.

"What is it? Please make it fast. I'm starving." He glared at me. What the heck is his problem?!

"I just want to know if you really have a crush on me." Oh. That's all? Wait. WHAT?!

"What?! Are you out of your mind?! Of course I don't have a crush on you!" Why am I even shouting?

"Relax, Ruby. I just want you to tell me the truth." So he thinks that I'm lying? Oh yes, I am. But I'm not going to admit that.

"I'm sorry but that's the truth. By the way, who told you that thing?" Don't tell me it's Shiela? No. No. No. Of course not, Ruby. You're not that close, unlike before. She gave you up, remember? Okay, good.

"Shiela told me yesterday." What?! That Shiela! Why did he tell him?! Ugh!

"Shiela? You're joking right?" I laughed. A humorless laugh.

"No, I'm not. Hell, I'm not. She really told me that you have a crush on me." What's happening to Shiela?! Is she crazy or what?

"She really told you that? Oh my gosh." Ruby, please think of a way to escape this. Think.

"Yes. And if you're wondering why did I tell you about this, it's because I feel the same." What the actual heck?! He feels the same but he's dating Shiela?