Black Eyed

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Mira's small fist hit against the red door of a small suburban home. Her ears twitched slightly as the sound of clatter was heard by the upstairs window.

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Coming! Coming!" A voice yelled from inside the house. It only took a few moments for the door to open revealing Mira.

The woman the opened the door looked at Mira, she looked at Mira's perfectly styled hair, her frayed red bow holding up her ponytail and Mira's frayed, ripped white and red dress that fell to Mira's ankles. The woman then looked up at Mira's face. Her face was innocent and sweet, except her eyes. Her eyes were all black. No iris, just black, causing the woman's nerves to begin acting slight odd and untrusting.

"Hello ma'am. I am Mira. Might I be able to use your restroom?" Mira's soft, yet creepily calm voice asked the woman as she stuck out her small, cold hand.

"Uh, yeah sure. I'm Trisha." The woman, now known to Mira as Trish said as she took Mira's hand and shook.

Trisha opened the door wider and guided the small girl to her blue and white tiled bathroom. She opened the bathroom's door and held it open for Mira as she entered and then politely closed it. She then glanced at the bathroom door again, something was up with that little girl. She was different, it wasn't just the black eyes that were different; she was creepily calm and that struck Trisha to be odd. It was late out, why would a young kid be out alone and how would they be so calm when they were alone outside without their parents. These were one of the many questions floating through Trisha's mind about that little girl

The sound of a toilet's flush was heard and the bathroom door popped open Mira standing in the doorway. "Miss, can I use your phone,?" Mira asked.

"Huh? Oh-Uh. Sure." Trisha mumbled, she was pulled out of her thoughts about that strange, little girl who just used her bathroom and now had asked for her phone.

Trisha guided Mira toward the kitchen it was small, yet fairly open. Mira glanced around quietly at the hall. Photos of Trisha and her presumed family were on the wall and there was a vase on a wooden table.

"Here we are. The phone's right over there." Trisha said pointing toward the corner of the room were a phone stood on a charging stand.

Mira walked over to the corner and picked up the phone before glancing back at Trisha. "Miss Trisha, could you leave the room?" She asked looking at Trisha.

"Oh, sure. Sorry." Trisha mumbled stepping out of her kitchen and then leaning on her hallway's wall.

Mira held the phone, but didn't dial any numbers she glanced around the kitchen looking for one certain item she needed. She gently put the phone down onto the granite countertop and walked over to stand holding eight large steak knives. Mira stood up onto her tippy-toes and reached up grabbing the knife that looked largest to her and held it softly in her hands.

Trisha wasn't liking this. Her fight or flight responses started to act up and she wanted to run out of her home till the small girl was gone. The girl deciding to want to be in the kitchen alone frightened her, too. She had yet to hear the sounds of the buttons on her phone being pressed and was becoming scared. She knew she shouldn't have let the girl in her house, or she should have called the police and see who this little girl was. See if she was missing or such.

Mira walked out of the kitchen's other doorway and toward Trisha. Her footsteps were slow and steady and made hardly a peep as her black shoes hit the floor.

Trisha glanced over at the sound of the quiet footprints and saw it. The little girl held the largest steak knife in her kitchen and stared at her with the creepy black eyes. The small girl, or Mira, had an expression that was calm, eerily calm.

"Thank you for letting me use your restroom and phone Miss." Mira said softly into the now tense air. She walked closer to Trisha, who now was taking a step back every time Mira came a step forward. "Relax Ma'am. This is just my thank you."

Trisha wanted to respond, but her tongue wasn't willing to move as she stepped away from the small girl.

Bang!

Trisha's back hit the wooden table she had in her hallway knocking down a vase that stood on top of it and causing water to spill across the table and floor. She had nowhere to run, but kept trying to take a step back only to not be able to go anywhere.

It didn't take Mira long to reach Trisha. She held her knife and stared at the frightened woman before a soft smile came onto her face. Mira looked at Trisha and touched her arm softly saying..

"It's okay. This is just my thank you."