Twisted Angels

Chapter 1

Waking up in tears and sweat every night. A memory thast haunts me whenever I close my eyes.  Even though I was small I could remember every single moment of that day. I could never ever forget the day my parents died.  I was nine years old and I was walking home from school.  At the moment I didn’t understand why people where sorrounding my house but then I saw the red fire truck. I remember pushing poeplle out the way trying to reach my family. I was able to get through the fire men and run into the house. I couldn’t see anything from the smoke and flames but I could hear the screams off my mother.The flames were rising in the house and pieces of burning wood started to fall in front of me.I started to cough from the smoke.I could feel it filling my lungs.I heard more screams come from the kitchen .That moment even the fire couldn’t hold me back. I ran through the fire like it was none existent. I could’t even feel the heat of it. All I could feel was pain from hearing my mothers cry’s for help. Then I saw the flames claiming my mother. I had to save her so I ran toward her but before I could reach her  I was yanked back. I was grabbed from behind by a fireman. He ran out the house with me in his arms and that moment the house started to crumble down on my mother and father.  I tried to tear from the fire man’s arms and go to my  parents. But they would’t let me go. They kept on saying over and over again “It’s going to be ok” but it wasn’t. After an hour the fire was put out and I remember the fire man. He slowly walked toward me with a grim expression on his face. “I’m sorry dear but we weren’t able to save them..” I didn’t listen to what else he had to say.

It had been five years since that incident and it felt like it had been just yesterday. Now I’m staying with my aunt. My aunt works as a Marketing Advisor for an international company. She owns a huge house in Boca Raton, Florida. My Aunt is rarely in the house she tends to go abroad alot for buisness. I don’t mind her leaving because even when she is here she is too busy to pay attention to me. Since I have lived with her I have been raised by maids and baby sitters.

It was one a clock in the morning and I was still awake .I preffered to not sleep because of the terrible nightmares. I was afraid of falling asleep. After years of having the same nightmare I thought I would get used to it. I was wrong. So most nights I would stay awake until three reading.Tonight I had started reading Dracula for the second time. It was my all time favorite.Suddenly my phone rang. When I saw the caller I.D I groaned. “Hello?” I said “Hey Alex it’s Kitty! How is my favorite Pyromaniac doing tonight!” Said Caitlin.I could hardly hear her from the club music.She was out partying again. Caitlin was a what you would call a party girl. Every week or so she would go get drunk and I would end up picking up her backside from the curb.I remember once that I had found her passed out in a shopping cart. She was my best friend so I had no choice but to help her get home. When she wasn’t drunk she was a perfec t friend well except that she was a total perveret when it came to men. Also she tended to give poeple weird nick names.Her favorite nickname for me was Blood because I had blood red hair.Also she called me a Pyromaniac. A few years back I discovered that I was pretty much fireproof and that I enjoyed playing with flames. I tended to carry a lighte with me at all times. Some people find comfort in food or art and I find it in fire. But I have never set a house on fire just the accidentally the girls locker room. But that’s a story for another time. I guess you could calll me a Pyromaniac. “Where are you Kat?” I asked my drunken best friend.  “I’m at the place down that sexy street.Umm wait a sec?” She said and then I heard her ask what the club was called. “I’m at Boca Raton Blue!”  “Don’t go any where else  I’m gonna come get you!” I said cursing Kat in my mind. I shut the phone on Kat and started to get changed.I put on some black shorts and a Rolling Stones tee. I slipped on my black converse and grabbed my car keys from the side.I owned a second hand Range Rover Evoque. It was a black sleek suv that was perfect for me. I blasted ‘Put The Gun Down’ by ZZ Ward on the speakers. I couldn’t help but sing to the song as I drove throught Boca Raton at night.

The Boca Raton Blue was one of the most popular places to party around here. It was especially impossible to find a parking space during the summer. I had to park my car in a back street alley near dumpsters. The club was decorated in blue led lights. It hurt my eyes. This club was like a floor flour club and it was going to be hard to find Kat. People all dressed up were waiting in a line to get in. The line was very long but when I saw Jack as the bouncer my hoped went up. Jack was my aunts ex-boyfriend. He used to come over to teh house quite often when my aunt was on a trip.He used to keep me company when I was lonely but I knew he only came to watch football on a flat screen.I didn’t mind though because he was nice .He had told me he had gotten a new job but I never thought it would be this. Jack was a huge man. He was actually quite good looking. He had short shaggy blonde hair and brown eyes. He had a massive chest with very impressive muscles. What can I say my aunt likes her men buff. Wearing a black tee that clung too his chest made him look even bigger. If you didn’t know him you would probably think he was scary.I walked up to him and when he saw me his rock hard scary face turned soft. “Yo Alex you here for Caitlin?” he asked ignoring the other people who were waiting to get in. “Pretty much and being a bouncer suits you!” I said “Thanks Alex soo how is Rachel?”  “My aunts is buisness as always!” “Just as I thought .Any way you go just in ahead and if you don’t leave within the hour I’m taking you home” He said as I went in. His last comment made me smile. He was just like a big brother. The club was filled with poeple. I could smell the sweat from the people dancing. It was soo packed that I had too push through others. The club was actually really pretty. It was decorated with ice blue and black. The tables were ice blue plastic with black stools. It was pretty cool but I had no time to check out the club. I had to find my trouble making  Kat.  The music was drilling in my ears and it gave me headache.Also people putting there hands all over my legs bothered me. After looking around for fifteen minutes I spotted Caitlin dancing with not just one man but a few.Caitlin was a tall girl with beautiful dark skin. She was a brunette with long wild curls. I really was jealous of her. She was wearing a short spaghetti strapped black dress. I wasn’t suprised that she was surounded by her own haremof men. I could hear her giggling. When she spotted me she screamed my name giggling. She was drunk of her socks. “Hey Cat it’s time to go home!” I said graabbing her wrist. When I pulled her toward me she nearlly fell. She couldn’t even stand straight it was going to be impossible to carry her to the car. “Aww you are such a party pooper!” Cat said leaning on me.  “I always am!” I said ans started to drag her to the car.While I was dragging my not so light best friend through the club I felt something. Even though the club was scorching hot I felt a chill.It was like someone had dropped ice down my back. I felt like prey. I turned around and then I saw someone. Out of all the poeple around I sawa one guy who was staring at me.He was loking down at me from the upstairs balcony.He had a twisted grin on his face and eyes that were as black as coal.Maybe it was just the lighting in here but he didn’t look normal. I was soo creeped out that I rushed out of the club dragging Cat with me.

The moment I stepped out of there I felt better. I breathed in the warm night air. “Looks like you found her pretty quick!” said Jack. “Yeah I was lucky” I said. Cat started mumbling things but I took no notice. Trying to make sense of what a drunk girl was mumbling was impossible. “You need help with her?” he asked pointing at Cat.  “Nope I’m ok! I do this all the time. It keeps me in shape!” I said my good bye’s to Jack and headed to the car. I shoved her into the back seat and then she said “Alex I don’t wanna go home!I don’t want my mom to slap me again” . Caitlin’s mother was a mean woman who was abusive.Caitlin had an older brother but he had runaway and left her alone with her mother.Sometimes Caitlin would come to school in bruises.  “Don’t worry you’re staying at my house” I said. I closed the car door and sighed. “Now all that’s left is carrying her into the house” I groaned. That was the worst part. I shivered and felt the ice down my spine. I didn’t need to turn around to know that someone was behind me but I did.