Prouloge

"First day of tutoring starts in ten minuets," the announcer says in a cheery accent.

Today I am going to a tutor for anything the person I am assigned to needs.

As ten minuets pass I read on my wattpad app reading some of my best friends stories. Twenty minuets goes by, nothing. We have all day for tutoring so it's not that big of a deal. Tutoring is from ten am to eight pm. It's a school day but because I decided to be a tutor I get to miss a week of school for it. The only problem with me tutoring is that I'm deaf. I can read lips but it's difficult. Both the person i will be tutoring and myself have to write on paper to communicate. Maybe I'll get someone else that's deaf this year or at least someone that knows basic sign.

A boy that's around my age with a busted lip and black eye comes up to my table.

His lips move, "Hi, are you uh Jamie?"

I sign back, I point to my chest, "I," and I point my finger and put it upright beside my ear and drag it down slightly, "deaf."

The boy looks confused before saying, "Deaf. So you can teach me ASL?!"

I give him a confused look back and shrug my shoulders. I decide to spell out what I want to ask this time. Hoping he knows the alphabet,

"Tutoring time?"

He nods. And I pull out my sheet for sign. This is going to be a long week. But, at least he knows the basics....

-268 words

I will be describing how to sign a lot of words and letters but I won't all the time. If anything is confusing just comment and I'll try to fix it because of its confusing to you it's probably confusing to others as well. Have a great day!