Come Away with Me

A/N: I started listening to this song and this is what came out of the babble. This story is inspired by “Come Away with Me” by Norah Jones.

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my own made up characters.

February 21st, 2011 2:00 pm

The bags were packed, arrangement made. A solid week hiding out away from the world they knew. Their world was filled rumors were started just for the fun of it; a world where they were thrust into the spotlight. Their names were on the tip of everyone’s tongues; people could not go an hour without hearing either one of their names.

They couldn’t step outside their homes, hotels, or tour buses without people yelling for them. Between them, more than 5 million dollars was made in a given three months.

Boyfriend and girlfriend were simply all they were. They had met five years ago, dating for four, and they were simply crazy about each other. The hint of an engagement was being thrown around for good sakes but they just wanted to be young, happy and dating. Sold out tours kept them apart for most of the year but somehow, not many people knew how, they managed to make it work.

He was a singer with his brothers in a band. They had started off as a MySpace band before being signed. They hit it big and were the number one band in America at the current moment. She was a recording artist as well; she auditioned for Hollywood Records, his current record company. The company signed her billing her as the opening act for his band.

The first six months of them being together wasn’t pretty. They hated each other before sucking it up and forming a friendship. That friendship was built on trust and openness. They were best friends before she took the plunge and coughed up enough cuts to kiss him. And the rest, as their siblings say, is history.

Picking up the phone, she nervously paced the floor. She had made all the plans hoping no one would notice them leaving . . . but just like the paparazzi, someone was bound to learn of the plan.

The important people, their parents, siblings, and managers, had been aware of the plan but the two involved secretly wanted alone time . . . just the two of them.

She watched the clock on the stand changed from 12:34 to 12:35 and sighed in frustration. Waiting on her boyfriend could take all day but they had a plane to catch and she wasn’t going to let him off the hook easy if they missed it.

The ringing of the phone pulled her attention from her frustrations. Picking it up, she heard the sigh on the other end. “I’m sorry babe . . . I’m hurrying as fast as I can.”

“I know . . . I’m anxious for alone time with you. It’s been three months since we’ve gotten a day together.” She tapped her nails on the wooden tableside.

He laughed. “I’ll be there in ten. Are you all ready to go?”

“Our luggage is sitting by the door waiting . . . all I need is you here.”

“I’m coming Bella; I’m coming.”

Hanging up the phone, she flipped the TV on for background noise as she walked around the suite checking for things left unpacked. She rolled her eyes as Britney made the news once again.

Hearing her name as well as her boyfriends and his brothers’, she stopped. There were pictures from the pervious night from dinner the four of them had gone to. A black tie event . . . she smiled seeing how glamorous they all looked. She and the guy she was with were truly happy.

“And in last minute news, Anabella Crosby was out with her boyfriend of four years, Kevin Jonas. They looked wonderful last night as they along with Kevin’s brother, Nick and Joe attended a Diabetes fundraiser.” The announced continued but Bella tuned it all out.