fallen and gone

Aqueela's P.O.V

I run down the park gleefully with my best friend Bella right beside me. In my hand is a ice cream cone and is one of my favorite ice cream flavors... STRAWBERRY!!! Bella has the same thing in her small hand as we race towards the swings. When we get there we are greeted by Mason and Jay, my other friends. Mason looks at my ice cream before pouting and smashing it out of my hand. I look up, upset. Why would he do that for no reason? Bella frowns and pulls Mason by the ear." you big meany!!" she exclaims pulling him by the ear even harder" Aqueel is nice! You try to be nice too!" i smile knowing Bell will always have my back.
Mason stares at me, his 8 year old eyes flashing with something i couldn't place.. Jay comes up to me, his innocent eyes flashing with something similar to Mason's, but before i can dwell on it he pulls me away back to the ice cream carts.

My dad and step mom, Bell's parents and Mason's and Jay's Parents always set up all four of us on play dates. Me and Bell are very close and me and Jay are as like siblings as Bell is to me. Mason on the other hand is always a bit of a jerk to me and none of us know why.
" Jay-Jay!" i chirp causing the boy to turn his head and flash me an innocent smile.
"Yes Eela?"
"Where are you taking me?"
" to get you another ice cream of course!" i blush slightly at this. Jay had always stuck up for me even if it meant getting into fights with Mason but i found it a sweet gesture and it made me feel flustered.
"Hey, Jay, why do you think Mas hates me so much?" Jay stops in front of a cart and orders a ice cream cone for me. " i think Mason is just jealous.." he mutters ad he receives a ice cream cone with blue flavored ice that matches his eyes. He hands it to me and i try it, curious to what flavor he picked out this time. My eyes fly open to the delicious food before me and i began to lick furiously at it, devoting my self to its creamy goodness. He snickers slightly as i feast on the dairy product. " its bubblegum ice cream" i look up from my cone and nod furiously recognizing the flavor." Jay, why would Mas be jealous of me?" he gets a cute thoughtful look on his face before answering in a very heartfelt answer.
" w-Well your an amazing friend and are very Happy about stuff.. I think he is just Jelly because your nicer and friendlier then him.. Also.. Your very Pretty" Jay's cheeks flare up lightly making me giggle. "Thanks Jay, your an amazing friend too!" he embraces me softly before noticing i was done with my ice cream. His 9 year old eyes light up slightly. " Eela you finished your ice cream so quickly! I wanted to try it!" i giggle again at his childishly behavior, even if he was a year older than me. Mason walks past us Bell still scolding him about being a better friend." but she is so weird!" complains Mason rolling his eyes which gets him a pinch from me and Bell.
" I'm not weird! I'm simply more awesome than you!" Mason glares at me and is about to respond but Bell tugs him away from me and Jay.
"Aqueela... Turn around" i do as Jay asks me not knowing what i did. He leans over softly kissing me and it takes me by surprise. I blush beet red as he pulls away gently. I manage to being out a few words without stuttering.
" what was that for!?!?!?!?!?" he grins sheepishly.
" i told you i wanted to taste the bubble gum ice cream" he says cockily. I roll my eyes. " just because your my friend Taylor.. Just because.." i mutter before i hear my step mom calling me. I look at Jay and smile as he leans in to whisper in my ear." i really,REALLY like you, bubblegum lips.. Ill see you tomorrow's" he gives me another small swift kiss which leaves me in cloud nine. I was young, sue me! I walk away to Yolanda happily and when she asks me what. ' was up' i simply state," bubblegum is now my favorite ice cream flavor" she laughs softly before taking me home. My other ice cream was fallen and gone but thanks to that i had bonded even more with Jay.
I Couldn't wait to see Jay at school tomorrow but little did i know i wouldn't see him in nine years to come.

A:N/ this is for @CJustMe from wattpad!!mention a user