Endless Love

Prologue 

" You are made for me. I am made for you. You'll always be my love, Kate. Forever... " 

--Jasper

Introduction 

We are all made for love. We have to love. 

This story of mine took place long ago, that long time when I was bounded by innocence. 

I met him, yes. I absolutely met him; I was so happy. I saw bright light among the darkness within myself. But distance almost broke us apart. Will our love still find the way? Or forever we'd live apart?

Chapter 1 

I sat lifelessly under a huge oak tree. Dappled sunlight reflected on my cold, small feet. I sighed desperately as I watched the river flowing slowly while a gentle breeze swept against my pale-white cheeks. 

"I hate this place. What makes this boring domicile so special for mom and dad?", I mumbled to myself. "I miss my friends. I can't reach them because of low signals." 

I continued talking such mumblings to myself. Until, a what seemed like a small fruit suddenly hit my forehead. I shrieked and angrily looked up. 

"Hey, who's there?!", I asked irritably and stood up. 

I heard leaves rattling. A flash of fright told my mind to run as fast as I can but my feet remained glued to the ground. Then.. 

THUMP! 

"Oww!", a young man appeared in front of me from up above. He yelped and cried. I was astonished by his sudden downfall! 

"Who are you?", I asked anxiously but now, calmly. 

"Can't you first help me get up?", he sternly asked. 

I held him up to help him attain his balance. I found some bruises on his arms and legs. "Are you alright?" 

"Do you think I'm alright?", he asked back. 

"Well, I can see that you're bruised all over. What were you doing up there?", I asked with worry now. 

He sat up on a rock to examine his bumps but still, he didn't answer. 

"Hey, are you deaf?", I called out. 

"You don't need to scream at my eardrums in order for me to hear you.", he answered in a calm and serious tone. "I'm in pain. Can't you see?" 

I laughed and said, "Oh, you're such a cry baby." I pointed at his bruises. "Those aren't painful! You're exaggerating!" 

He looked up at me with a stern expression. 

A feeling of strangeness overflowed within my insides. God, he looked so handsome! 

I met his stare. A few moments later, I felt myself melting. I can't stand his captivating eyes set on me. My slight feelings of fright quickly faded as time passed. I moved my gaze on the environment. 

"I'm Jasper." 

I was surprised by his introduction. I couldn't possibly believe that he introduced himself to me! I could then feel butterflies lurching on my stomach. 

Still, I couldn't find the words to say. I got distracted by his melting stare that's why I ran out of words. I tried to keep myself attached to the conversation so that he won't think that I was enthralled by him. 

"But you can call me Jas.", he continued to say. 

"I'm Kate.", I had managed to say my name without stammering, and I felt a little triumphant honestly.