The letter

"Dear Charlie,

I'm writing to you to let you know how well I have been. I have been attending my counselling appointments. I have recently moved into my own place and I have been talking to this guy. Oh Charlie, how this man has blown me away.

We began as friends, Internet buddies. We talked for a few weeks before noticing how alike we were.

After a while he began flirting with me a little. Not the kind of flirting you do to pickup someone at 3am in a bar when your drunk on coke and scotch but like cute flirting... "You're really beautiful, I'd marry someone like you someday..." That kinda flirting.

On Valentine's Day, I complained all day that I was lonely but finally I worked up the courage to start my journey. The first part was to tell him how I felt. Charlie, you know me best and surely you know I'm not one to hide my feelings. I said to him I had feelings for him, about as blankly as that. He said that he felt the same way and hoped I was picking up on his hints. We sorta joked about it for a few hours, us being together that is. But Charlie, oath he is wonderful.

Later on Valentine's Day evening my phone buzzed and the butterflies whirled in my stomach. I didn't pick up my phone straight away "ahh is it him" I thought in my mind over and over! Finally I snatched the phone from my bed, my face lit up, I was so happy! "Are we officially together". I think my heart skipped a beat at that moment. I know it was such a teenage thing to be so happy and a little touch of crazy but it just felt so right! I took a few moments to reply with only "are you sure".
Of course I wanted to be official. I couldn't say that tho, u know how I am I have to be polite!
"Yes". We were together.

We spent the rest of the night texting eachother asking questions about what we had. It was so fun. Honestly Charlie, it was the happiest I had been in a long time. You know that warm feeling you get when u see an adorable puppy in the window of a pet store? U know... that bubbly feeling!? I finally understood what that felt like again.

Enough about me now! Tell me how you have been... Please write back soon.

Kind regards, Alexa"