Epilogue

"Surviving Titanic"

April 15, 1912 

400 miles (640 kilometers) off the coast of Newfoundland. 

North Atlantic 

41°43.5'N 49°56.8.W 

1:30am

"You won't leave my side." She declared half sobbing, her eyes bloodshot of tears, and the air so cold that they could see their own huffs of breathe. 

Leo takes her hand firmly, hovering his other hand over her cheek, then wiping away softly the tears. "Never." He answers.  

You can hear the roaring of the water as it takes over the bow of the ship, the screams of the passengers filling the night's air, the splashing of other passengers jumping over the railings. All the life boats are gone, leaving the rest trapped aboard the sinking ship. Leo looks down at the ocean in the horizon, then tightening his grip on her hand. Leo gives her a small nod, both then taking off into a sprint and jumping over the railing. There's a moment of pause while hurdling towards the ocean water. He feels like he's flying, a bird soaring through the air. But in five seconds through the cold wind they splash into the icy water. He looses the grip on her hand, as if something has pulled her away forcibly. Leo panics, and looks around but the light from the ship is dimly under water. He starts swimming upward to the surface for oxygen, looking for her, when something holds him back. He looks down at the darkness below him with fear. It were like something huge has grasped ahold of he's leg and wont let him go. Leo fights the water's current but it's to strong. The absence of oxygen burns his lungs. The cold water around him makes him lose feeling around his body in seconds. He could hear his own heartbeat slow, every noise around him echoing. Leo notices red liquid, his own blood, blend with the dirty waters around him. A part of his body was cut, he was hurt, but he couldn't feel it. The lights outside start to become a blur, his blood making it look dark peach. It reminds Leo of the peach flowers he would find at his mother's garden back home. He remembered working with his father at his workshop, building a new toy car to show off to his friends when he was younger. He remembers how his friends got jealous and begged to play with it. He also remembers always wanting to sail on a boat. But he never thought it would end like this. Never thought that the great sea will take his life away.  

Everything was fine just a few days ago. . .