The day it started

Alex's POV

It took John two months to convince me to donate my sperm to a sergeant. He donated his sperm too, so our child would be biologically ours, one of ours at least. It took another month to decide our sergeant. We picked my best friend, Elizabeth Schuyler. In return we made her the baby's godmother and would derive the baby's middle name from Elizabeth, if it's a girl her middle name is Elizabeth. If it's a boy his middle name would be Ethan. Throughout her pregnancy, John and I took care of Eliza. We soon found out we would have a daughter. John and I argued about our daughters name for a week. Finally we decided to name our daughter Sophia Elizabeth Hamilton-Laurens, since both, John and I, had changed our last name to make it fair (we both had great last names).

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A week before Eliza's due date, she went into labor. Our daughter was born Friday, August 1, 2002 at 7:25. She weighed 6 pounds and 7 ounces, a small baby, she must have my genes. Her head was full of thick, black, curly hair. It took her two days to open her eyes. Once she finally opened them, she revealed big brown eyes. Sophia's face was dotted with John's freckles. Eliza stayed in the hospital for four days, as did Sophia. Eliza also moved in with us, wanting to be a maternal figure to our young infant. We moved into a house in the suburbs, with a large backyard and three large bedrooms.

It took John a week to go back to work, he was a first grade teacher. I, on the other hand, was a well-respected attorney, with my own firm. It took me a month to go back to work. I would not leave my precious child alone. In the middle of the night, even if she didn't cry, I would get up and hold her, whispering how much I loved her. This child was my everything and I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

AN:: hello hello hello! So this is my first chapter of dear Sophia. And I hope you enjoyed it. This is one of my main priority books so it will be updated frequently!! I promise!!