Geometry Class

Sitting near the corner of the class, trying to mask myself from the modest man standing at the front, near the board. It's not as if I pay attention anyway, I study. Study not the work at hand but my own peers, all of the gestures and mannerisms, I find them all to be intriguing. They call me Carran for instance, I tell them how much I despise my last name but they refuse to listen, knowing it irritates me. The class is split up into desk of 4 and each group makes some kind of unnecessary noise just for the hell of it. It strikes me as uncanny, makes me feel as if they are all planing something, yet none of them are aware of the others. Attempts at silent whispers, vigorous finger tapping, subtle whistling, and ear blasting music from headphones, all anarchy to my sensitive ears. I grind my teeth in anticipation, waiting for this period to be over, irritation eats at me while I clinch my fist. "Can I use the restroom?" trying to bring my existence to reality for a moment. The board man ignores my being and I bite down on my tongue in anger, I begin to grunt and tap my fist against my chair over and over and over again. Until I realize....I'm apart of the anarchy now, part of the various noises that irritate me so. Feeling hypocritical I come to a chuckle, accepting that I'm now apart of such madness turns it into a symphony, and the last sound to join us all is the bell. I grab my pack and start to smile, walking out of my class with my head held high, but soon realizing that I'm going to another class, with a modest man, and groups of desk, welcoming more anarchy, that will soon erase my upbringing smile. My name is James Carran, and I hate school.