The Funeral

Everybody had the saddest looks on their faces. Some people looked as if they were on their way to having a breakdown.

His family made their speeches and it would soon be my turn to make mine. I honestly didn't want to make a speech but according to my mother 'It was my duty as his girlfriend to make one'. I didn't write this beatiful, deep ass, long speech for him. I thought it would be best if maybe instead of speaking from a sheet of paper, I spoke from my heart.

Everybody started clapping which brought me back to reality of what was occuring.

I was next.

"Now Ms. Carter Madison". As soon as my name was said the whole room instantly got silent and everybody's head turned in my direction.

I slowly stood from my seat and walked to the podium.

I looked up at the crowd and took a deep breath before beginning to speak.

"Hello. Um, Im Carter Madison and I was Carter James girlfriend. When we first met we hated each other with a passion until we realized we were complete dumbasses for hating one another without a valid reason. After about a month of being friends he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes of course. We've been dating for about a year and a half now. I loved him and I honestly dont believe I'll be able to love anybody as I once loved him. I just cant believe he's never coming back. I love him and always will...no matter what." After that last sentence a tear fell from my eye.