Best Night of Her Life (One shot)

One warm summer afternoon, best friends forever, Amethyst and Sapphire, were on the beautiful beaches of Malibu playing volleyball with a big sky blue beach ball, under the blazing California sun.

Amethyst was always the sporty type, even as a baby. She was tall, with a golden tan, had straight bleach blonde hair that reached down to her waist, with wolf grey eyes. She loved almost every sport out there, football, basketball, baseball, and volleyball most of all. She loved volleyball so much that she tried out for the team at her middle school and became the team captain.

 Sapphire on the other hand, was always the quiet one. She has rich cocoa-colored skin, was not that tall, had long black hair that reached half way down her back, with forest green eyes hidden behind glasses. She rarely ever talked to anyone but Amethyst and her little puppy, Alika. But there was one thing that she did that she was good at besides school. Singing. She was so good. Amethyst tried to get her to do the talent show, but she was soooooo shy that, she won’t even sing in front of her family, let alone the entire school,  especially her crush, Ash. Ash was tall, tan, muscular, blonde with piercing ice blue eyes. He was the captain of the football team, and a good friend of  Amethyst. 

Sapphire was always drawing little hearts on her journal, notebook, and her hands. She has had a crush on Ash since the fourth grade, but she has never had the guts to tell him how she feels because of her fear of getting rejected. Amethyst has told her over and over and over again that if she never tells him that she likes him, that she will never know if Ash might like her back. But she never listened to Amethyst. 

The big 8th grade dance was coming up and everybody in the 8th grade was having mixed feelings. Like the girls were so happy and excited to look for the perfect dress, shoes, hairstyles, thinking of what boy that they wanted to go with, and how their going to get there. While on the other hand, the boys, as usual, were dreading and hating the idea of having to dress up in suits, having to buy a flower, renting a limo, and having to slow dance.

Sapphire really wanted to go with Ash, but she knew that she would not be able to ask him. It’s not like he was with anybody. So since Amethyst was going with the captain of the basketball team, Tony, She decided to go ask why Ash didn’t have a date to the dance yet.

She couldn’t find him until after sixth period, standing by his locker. Amethyst was going to go ask him, but then stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Tatyana. Tatyana was tall, with a caramel tan, had blonde hair almost as white as the clouds in the sky, and clear ocean blue eyes. She was the queen bee of the school, wearing nothing but designer clothes, got whatever she wanted, and was never told no. If you told her no, you would 100% see her true demonic side. 

She was going to turn around and leave when she asked him to the dance, but after she asked the question, he hesitated and then said no. Amethyst turned back around started to walk, very slowly, back toward Ash. When she got there, Tatyana was still standing there, her face as red as a ripe tomato. After Tatyana was done recovering, she turned on her two in. stilettos and walked away. Amethyst turned to face Ash. She was completely speechless after what she saw and heard. After about a minute of being stunned, Amethyst was able to talk again. She asked him, plain and simple, why he doesn’t have a date yet. He said that he doesn’t want to go with just any girl, that he wanted to go with, to Amethyst’s surprise, Sapphire. Amethyst’s jaw dropped as soon as she said Sapphire’s name. Ash said that he has a crush her for the past 4 years. Amethyst held back the urge to tell him about Sapphire. So instead of her saying anything, she just said “oh ok cool.” She was about to walk away, when he grabbed her arm and told her to wait up, because he wanted to do something that he and Sapphire were too scared to do. 

When Ash and Amethyst found Sapphire, Amethyst told Ash to wait and hide behind the lockers until she told him to come over. He hesitated, but said ok. Amethyst walked over to Sapphire all happy and excited on the inside, and on the outside she was trying to keep her face as straight as possible, but sometimes failing and smiling like she was going to give the best news in the world. When she reached Sapphire, Sapphire had just closed her locker and jumped back, putting her hand on her heart trying to calm herself. When she finally calmed down enough, Amethyst told her that she had a surprise for her. As soon as she said that, Sapphire had a confused look on her face. That's when Amethyst called Ash over.