Girl Power

I run through the woods. Tag is not my game. Hide-and-seek is. Almost nobody can find me. I was gifted with stealth. Tag is Christine's game; considering she is probably the fastest girl alive.

"You're it!" She squealed. Even though we're thirteen, we still play like six-year-olds.

"I'm done," I say, out of breath. Gabrielle comes up, not out of breath at all. She specializes at endurance. She can run for days and days, only stopping to drink and pee.

"Lazy Lizzy!" They said in unison.

"Don't call me that." Unlike most people, I only like to be called by my whole name... But I'll get to that later.

"Eliza-beth! Gabrielle! Christine! Curfew! Sang our mother. She would've needed a bullhorn if it weren't for our excellent hearing. Even though she never explained, our curfew was made so we're in bed by sunrise.

I hopped on Christine's back and she zipped us back to the house, then going back to get Gabrielle. As soon as they got back (like, a second later. Literally.) We walk in the front door, giggling at nothing.

Let me describe our house. It looks like a huge log cabin from the outside, but on the inside, its so modern you couldn't believe. Our kitchen is always up-to-date, and we even have our own cotton candy machine! Each of us has our own training rooms-one for mental training, the other, physical. Since I was engineered for stealth, I'm also gifted at math. It makes sense, really. I have to find out how fast I can get from one hiding spot to another. Christine loves language arts and reading, and gabrielle loves to guess people's emotions based on their body language

Our mother is kind of... Different. Sometimes, when we sneak peeks at the TV for fun, I see our mother on the screen as wanted... Child abductor. But that can't be true, for there are no kids and we've seen pictures of ourselvrs as newborns. After that she laughs this really weird laugh, almost like she's crying.

"Time for bed, girls." She reminds us.

We each go towards our bedroom(mine's blue) and I get into my PJ's then into bed. Mother always sits by my bed until I fall asleep because I used to be afraid of the dark. The last thing I see is her smiling face.

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking. There are people in black suits with the letters F...B...I on them. I don't know what word that is, because I'm not a big reader. All of a sudden my mother screams "run!" I hop from shadow to shadow, not making a sound. I'm so scared the adrenaline is killing me. Then I hear my mother's blood curdling scream. I feel like I'm going to throw up as I escape through the door. Where's Christine and Gabrielle? I panic. I'm about to go back in when someone clamps a hand over my mouth. I look back and christine and Gabrielle are smiling at me.

I exchange a worried glance with them. What will become of mother?

Right after that, we get out answer. The house exploded, and that was the moment I broke down into tears, along with Christine and Gabrielle, until the sun set again.