01

One Reason To Move To London

BLUE'S POV

I wailed for a taxi helplessly, praying that one would have the decency to stop. But it doesn't and instead heads for another man in a black and white business suit. I presume that the taxi driver chooses him instead of me since he looks more professional and wealthy. I guess London isn't that different than New York, considering that the city is so busy all the time.

My eyes widen and my heart quickens as the view of a black and yellow car is in sight. "Taxi!" I scream at the top of my lungs and luckily he pulls off into the curve by my side. Finally. I mentally think to myself.

I open the back door to the cab and struggle to fit my luggage in the limited space that's available. "Hello mate." The frail cab driver kindly greets and I nod, out of breath after finding a suitable position for my suitcase.

I'm kind of crabby due to arid weather and the busy street conditions. I just got here and so far things are going as planned except for the fact that it took one hour for me to get a cab.

"Where are you headed madam?" The driver breaks the silence and I quietly scold myself for not telling him that the minute I got here.

"The corner of Chesterfield Hill in Mayfair please." I say after he pulls out of his parking state. He dips his head and grips the steering wheel as he continues his normal driving rate of 30 miles per hour. It's kind of awkward because instead of the steering wheel being on the left side of the vehicle it's on the right.

About 1 mile later the driver once again speaks up, "Have you got your 50 pounds ready?" My eyes slightly widen as I come to realize that I forgot to change my U.S. dollars to pounds.

"Um...Sir" I mutter and he hums, "I uh... Forgot to convert my U.S. change to pounds, sir." I explain and the car comes to an immediate hault in a small lot in front of shopping places.

"Excuse me?" My hands twitch a little before replying, " Well you can always just accept my money and convert it later, right?" I try to convey but he shakes his head.

"No. I'm afraid that I do won't be able to find the time to do that. If you had read the sign on the door, you would know that we only accept pounds. I am afraid that I can not continue this ride any longer. Can you please step out of the vehicle, ma'am?" My eyes widen and I look out the window, slowly nodding. It should have been my responsibility to exchange my savings but I forgot and that's my fault.I reach for the door handle, pushing it open and stepping out of the yellow transportation. I huff, hauling out my large suitcase and mutter profanities as it tumbles onto a small puddle. The driver does nothing to help as he speeds out of the lot leaving me barren of hope.