Her.

I've never once in my life really noticed her. 

How pretty she was, how she tucks her hair behind her ears when the wind blows. It's something I never thought that I would miss. Never did I think she would be by my side. Never once did I expect someone to care. Her eyes, her soul, her emotions. Damn, what more can I say about her? She's perfect to me. It's as if she's the reason behind my smile and behind my emotions. I could spend hours talking about her to anyone who asks me about her. It all seemed like a dream. I know her so well, and she.. She knows me well too. Her.... 

My name's Jake. I'm pretty much your average A of the class, I'm outgoing myself, so if anyone approaches me, I'll talk to them with a positive attitude. My life has always been filled with laughter, no I am not the type of person who gets into fights nor do I bully people or get bullied myself. But I've always felt so empty deep down no matter how many people approached me throughout my life. I just felt sad at times because despite the amount of people I've talked to, they never once.. Stayed. Stayed, relating to being there for me when no one is, and having a shoulder to lean on if I'm upset. That's a gay sentence to start with, but you get my point.

Currently in my life, I have two guy friends that I trust and care about, no homo. One of them is Josh, the other is Joe. We are the three Js. Yet again, yes it's a lame clique name you might say. We got along well since the first day of school and everything has been fine from then. At the very least when I felt empty and upset, they would hear me out a little bit.

It's been a year since I've been in Knightsford High. I've seen many, I mean many people getting in and out of relationships in the school. Some had one night stands with each other, some had a few days to kill and romantically speaking, some couples had been together since the first few days that they met. To me, having a romantic and faithful relationship would always be better than the lustful one night stands people can have anytime. I guess sometimes when I think about the emptiness I have, it's more of the need to have someone to spend time with, and someone to fall in love with.

It's been a year, though short, but the wait of meeting someone who might love me as much as I would love them seem so long. It gets tiring as I wait, and as the days go by, the emptiness started growing greater and greater inside me. Why is this happening? You know, my parents told me that after something bad happens, something good follows. If the 'emptiness' refers to the 'bad thing', is something good coming my way, then? Hell, who knows. Even I have no idea, how could anyone answer my question?

On my way to science class, all these thoughts were surfacing in me. As I was making my way to the classroom, I accidentally bumped into someone, and both our books fell to the ground. Many people around us just walked by and did not care about us. I picked up almost all the books while she picked some up too. I looked up to her, and she looked at me. We had this mini eye contact going on, and her face was slowly turning red. She smiled and didn't say anything more. "Thanks!" She said with such an enthusiastic tone. She had long, curly hair, wearing a white shirt, black skinny jeans with some sick kicks. Damn, she looks good. I guess it was my own luck to bump into her. Well, I felt that I would never see her around ever again, so I felt kind of upset because this emptiness was taken away, and it was put back almost instantly. Dragging my feet to class, I sat down at my usual place, and sat down. I supported my face with my hands and thought about that 'romantic' moment I shared with that girl just now. Thinking about the fact that it might not happen again... Damn it.

The class started and Mr Jefferson started speaking. "Okay, before I start my lesson, I would like to introduce a new student in our class, and her name is.." I looked up to see who it was, it was her. She was the one whom I bumped into previously along the corridors. Holy shit.