It Takes Two to Mend a Broken Heart

Prologue

Niall only wanted someone to care for.

 His dreams shattered when he found out, the one he loved, the one he thought was the one, died. Vanished from his vision.

It was that stormy night when Niall Horan returned home from his weekly shopping. He wasn't expecting what had happened. But would anybody?

*Flashback*

Niall's POV

"Jace, babe? I'm home!" I called, looking around the empty apartment, placing the shopping bags on the kitchen table. Strange, Jace is usually in the living room when I get back from shopping, his feet on top of the coffee table watching football. Never really got what his problem was with putting his unwanted feet on the perfectly clean coffee table. 

"Jace!" I shouted, where could he be? I groaned walking up the stair case after putting the shopping bags away. I walked towards our shared room and opened the slightly ajar bedroom door.

"Babe?" When I opened the door fully and peaked inside, it was empty. The bedroom lamp shinning bright in the corner of the room and the wardrobe doors open whaa-?

Panic washed through me as I made my way towards the wardrobe, seeing that half of his clothes were gone and his favourite ruck sack. 

My head snapped towards the window and realized it was wide open, he ran away.. No. 

I screamed an ear piercing scream, smashing what ever was near me which was the vase full of dead flowers. Smashing it onto the carpeted floor, watching it smash into pieces. Just like my heart. 

A sob escaped my parted lips and fell to the floor, just by the broken glass. Why would he do this? Why would he leave me? I thought he loved me? 

3 months later...

I was curled up in bed, sobbing quietly into Jace's old pillow, his sent no longer lingering. I still hadn't got over the fact that he left me, my friend Harry told me that he left me for some red head chick, saying that he saw them abroad when he went to France. He told me this only a few hours ago. I told him to leave before I did something I would regret. I know I shouldn't be so hard on Harry, he's my best mate. But when your ex-boyfriend left you for some whore, then how else would you react. 

I tried everything, calling to texting and even trying to track him down by his CPS, but none of that crap worked. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him, he was the first long term relationship I have ever been in. 

Harry told me plenty of times I didn't need him and there was plenty of fish in the sea, but that saying is a load of shit, my heart was broken and nobody will ever be able to fix it. Romance

~5 days later~ 

I sobbed into Harry's chest as he held me tightly to him, his arms wrapped around me as he stuffed his face into my hair. My chest throbbed with hurt at the news, I had received from Harry.. Jace was dead. It was his fault, he had an overdose of heroin, fucking prick. How could he do this to me? Die, knowing that I had no chance of ever seeing him again. He was the only source of light which entered my life before my Father died when I was little. Other than Harry and Zayn, he was the only reason why I was still alive. 

Never again will I let my walls crumble, rule number one in life.. Never trust anyone. 

_______________________________________________________

Authors note; The start of this chapter was wrote by the lovely Chloe :) And the rest was wrote by me (Sophie), me and Chloe will be taking it in turns to write a chapter and write this story, we both thought it would be a good idea to share a story on a shared account, and hopefully you'll enjoy this story and just to let you know, Chloe is an amazing writer so I would defiantly get your hopes up :) xx 

Thank you xxxx