Underblade: Safe Vision, Chapter 1

I tried to move, but I felt this sore feeling cover me everywhere. When I tried to get up anyway, I felt sharp pain stab me in my soul. I started breathing heavily and and slowly, slowly stood up. Wow, I must have taken quite the Fall if Im hurt so badly. When I looked up, I saw a little, golden Flower right infront of me, smiling happily and watching me as I fought my way up despite my injuries. 'Howdy, Im Flowey. Flowey the Flower!' I looked at the strange creature, and put up all of my effort to use my Vision. Behind this Flower is a monster... The vision weakened me, but at least I knew now that I couldnt trust that thing. 'Wh... What.. are you?' I stammered. 'Why, dont you worry. I might be a monster, but we're pretty friendly creatures, actually!' I didnt have enough strength to see if it was lying or not, but I knew the flower was bad, so I simply tried to assume they were lying. It was hard though. Despite of the little fraction of Information that History Books gave me, this Flower had everything but good intentions. It tried to approach me, but I quickly flinched away. I had to run. fast. Or this thing is just going to kill me. So I grit my teeth, tried my best to ignore the pain, jumped up and fled. My eyes teared up as I ran for my life. I was so distracted by my own thoughts, the strange creature and everything I knew about monsters, that I bumped into another one of them. I stumbled, and as I was about to hit the ground, green levetation magic picked me up and I felt my HP go up to max, so I quickly used one hp to Visionize and see that this monster was the most pure hearted and caring one. She was even better than any human Ive ever met. My injuries seemed better, and as she picked me up, I saw her smile and say, 'Dont worry, my child. I will protect you. I hope you feel better. Let me guide you to the ruins and tell you why you are here. You must be very confuesed' I just nodded. Although you cant count carrying me to the place that was apparently called the ruins as guiding, but I wasnt going to complain. As we arrived, the big monster that was reminding me more and more of a Goat carefully put me down and told me to follow her, but then she suddenly stopped and seemed a bit embarressed. 'I... er... sorry, my child. I did not introduce myself. My name is Toriel, and I am the caretaker of the ruins. I have forgotten my manners seeing such a fragile child so hurt. I simply had to bring you to safety' I just smiled back at her and nodded carefully. 'Im Frisk. Thanks' I just said. I had something strange, something I dont think anybody else has. Actually, I dont know if they have it, but... talking kind of feels like getting hit in the chest or, well, it simply hurts. Thats why I try not to do too much of it. 'Your very welcome, Frisk. I hope you will enjoy your stay in the ruins' She smiled brightly and started slowly walking up the stairs. She turned around halfway and waited me to come after her. I started walking and after reaching Toriel, I felt absolutely exhausted. Toriel looked at me with concern. 'Are you... alright? Should I heal you again, my child?' I shook my head and continued to fight my way up the stairs, but I was unable to climb the last three. I was so tired... I felt two big, soft and warm paws pick me up and carry me in her arms again. I huddled closer and closed my eyes. I was SO TIRED...

I awoke to find myself in a very soft, warm and comfy bed. I slowly started to move, feeling my usual sore Pain as always after Ive slept. It took me quite some time, but I eventually stood up and attempted to make the bed, but the sheets were so heavy, and I could smell something behind me. I turned and saw a Plate with some Butterscotch Cinammon Pie sitting on it. I quickly picked it up and used it to replenish my hp and feel better in this strange place. I had forgotten the sheets completely. I quietly opened the door and walked out into the lit hallway. I started walking around and eventually found the way to the main room with a staircase down. I could feel a cold wind coming from there, so I made a long curve around it. As I stepped into what was presumably the livingroom, I could see Toriel sitting there in a swinging chair by a fire. She didnt seem to notice me, so I just walked up to her and then she saw me. She stood up, put her book aside, picked me up and sat me on her lap. I enjoyed the warmth from the fire nearby and her warm, careful paws. Her Paw went into a nearby shelf and she pulled out a different book. Then she wanted to read with me, but after a some explaining, she suddenly understood why I never talked. I told her that it hurts, so she apologized and put the book away, simply rocking back on forth with me. I enjoyed it, but after a while, it got boring, so I stood up and started to explore the house fully. I stayed with Toriel for one entire month until I knew the ruins perfectly, knew all of the solutions to the puzzles and knew every inch of her house. My hp had went up from 10 to 12, wich was pretty significant for me, considering how quickly monsters attacked me. I once nearly died from a Froggit, but Toriel had rushed in, having felt a feeling in her chest that something bad might happen.

I had grown SO BORED. I knew Toriel was nice and all, but there wasnt much we could do, and the ruins were so small. So I finally asked her about monsters, about why they were locked away, and if the ruins were the whole Underground. After a long story night, I decided to ask her where the exit to the ruins is. She shivered for a moment and then hugged me. She said its downstairs, but that it leads right to Snowdin, a Town always covered with Snow with many Monsters who think of nothing better than to kill any human that passes by. I shivered as well, but after one more day of doing basicly nothing, I decided to try to go downstairs while Toriel was away fixing some relation between two freshly married Froggits. The wind at the top was bearable, and the wind in the hallway was not too bad either. So after what seemed an endless walk, I was able to reach the end of the hallway... only to be stopped by a big door. I used my vision and saw that it was a one-way exit to a very, very cold place. I would probably freeze instantly, so I went back to Toriel and thought of what to do next. As I was halfway through the hallway, I could already see her hurrying towards me. She quickly picked me up and then just started crying. I tried to calm her down as best as I could, even though Im not used to calm people down. She just carried me upstairs and immidiently put me to bed. I lied down behavingly, but after about an hour, I realized I couldnt sleep at all. So I stepped out of my room and was already able to guess that Toriel was in the Livingroom as usual. She was... still crying. I quickly ran up to her and hugged her. I suddenly saw that there was a little backpack with another piece of Pie, a slightly torn Ribbon and a Bandage in it, also with a quickly skribbled down Note, and a winter coat hung on the small chair she had made for me. She simply looked at me and smiled. 'I... I know how you must feel here, trapped in such a small space. And although I dont want to let you go out all on your own... I know that you want to return home. So please, take these things... and take my best hopes and wishes on your way, I... I wish I could come with you, but I am afraid I cannot' Then she took me by my hand, helped me get into the winter coat, I picked up the bag and started to walk towards the cold hallway with her. I also had a few tears in my eyes, but I tried to hide them. I had to be strong. When we reached the exit to the ruins, Toriel embraced me one last time, and then stood there and waited. I breathed deeply for a moment, put all of my courage together and stepped towards the gigantic door. I felt the wind get colder, and colder, and colder... Until I opened my eyes, not realizing I had closed them, and saw a shining white all around me. The coat and just now having been warm a moment ago were the only things keeping me from freezing entirely, but I after I went just a few steps, I felt so exhausted. Im not going to make it... I tried to turn back, but the ruins door wont let me. So I started to cry, and after seemingly being completely frozen, I sat down at the ruins Door and accepted my fate.