Crypt

We all know that a lot of things we deserve we can't have.  Whether it'd be a life you wanted, somewhere you wanted to go, something you would like to have.  This happens a lot of times, and it feels wrong, like everything that you have ever done has been unrecognized.  Everyone has at least one thing they deserve, but cannot have.  This thing for Adrian, was his life.

      Adrian is a 16 year old boy who has a family who love him, and friends that adore him.  He's extraordinarily intelligent, and skipped a grade.  He is a senior and he plays a variety of sports for his school, and has gotten a lot of letters from different colleges.

      Adrian has a good life going for him.  He recognises this too, and also plans to be great.

      Adrian has an uncle, named Michael.  He's the complete opposite of Adrian.  Dropout, used to be involved in gangs, drugs.  Even still, Adrian looks up to him.

      After school, Adrian went to his uncle's house.  He had got a job to help him clean out his basement, he isn't paying much but Adrian doesn't mind, he loves listening to stories from his uncle.

      His uncle opens the door and lets him in.  He helps his uncle move up a few boxes.  While he's in the basement, he spots a jacket in the corner.  As he is about to put it in a box, his uncle stops him. 

      "What's wrong?" Adrian asks as he sees his uncle's worried look.

      "Nothing, this jacket is old, and it just brings back memories.."

       Adrian eyes the jacket, and he sees a word on the front. "Constellation Crypts?"

      Michael slowly sits down.  "30 years ago, I was involved in that gang.  I wasn't an official member, but I had a lot to do with them.  I had a friend who also wasn't an official member.  He was a good kid, had a lot going for him.  I never understood why he got involved in all of this." He sighed and then continued on.  "One day, we were at our ally, as cliche as it sounds, they had a whole ally to themselves.  All of a sudden a rivalry gang attacked.  That's when..when he was killed.  He wasn't an official member and the only reason he was wearing this jacket was because he had asked try it on.  The guy never meant to kill him."

 "I'm sorry" Adrian says sadly.

      "It's okay, past is past.  People move on and that's what I have to do." When he's about to put it back in the box, Adrian stops him. 

      "Maybe I should wear it..I mean to at least keep a shred of memory of him, he doesn't deserve to be kept in the past and forgotten."

      Michael thinks for a moment, and hands the jacket to Adrian. "Take good care of it." Adrian nods and puts it on.

      When they're done with the boxes, Adrian steps out.  As he is walking down the street he hears someone yell "Crypt!"

      Adrian was shot one time, right in his heart.  Adrian was a 16 year old boy with friends, family, a life of his own.  He was planning to be great, and his parents were counting on it too.  Now he's gone, his life he so deserved stolen.

      It's okay though, past is past, right?

Hiii this is my first story here, I had another account here before but I no longer use it.  I can't really think of a good title for this short story, so if you think of a good one please suggest it!