Kimberly's fight

Well I was just looking though my laptop and what not and found this.I don't remember when I wrote it or why but yeah I decided to upload it. Maybe just maybe someone will like it and they'll tell me but if not I'll just get rid of it. Ok Tia's going to stop talking now , enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood on the balcony, the wind blowing through my hair, my duffle bag in my hand. I bit down on my lip and thought about what I was about to do, I was sure now, it had to be done, things were getting out of hand.

I twisted myself round and opened the front door stopping at the mirror in the passage. My natural shoulder length black hair was blowing about , one of my arched slit eyebrows rose , and my pointed nose was running , I wiped it with my sleeve .I licked my small pink lips and blinked away the tears that were forming in my light brown eyes , due to the cold. My faded baggy navy blue jumper clung to my chest but hung loosely around my stomach, my faded jeans were dampened from the rain and my crumpled air force’s deposited dirty water and bits of tree bark onto the floorboards. Raindrops slid off of my brown skin and fell onto my jumper.

“Is that you K?”I was snapped out of my daze, it was Trey. He called down from his bedroom, his voice sounding husky and saw.

“Yeah it’s me” I shouted back slowly making my way up to his room, I never rush, unless it’s important. I slowly made my way up the stairs, analysing the pictures of Trey’s deceased brothers .They looked so happy, I can’t remember the last time I saw Trey smile like that.

I traced the frame of the very last picture, only centimetres away from his bedroom door .It was a picture of mine and Trey’s mothers when they were twenty one. They were sitting on a park bench holding me and Trey in their arms, with our fathers far off in the distance.

A very small smile crept up on me as I gently pushed Trey’s door open.

“K”, he quietly said, and smiled

I smiled back at him and put my duffle bag down on the ground. He was sitting up in bed, drinking a bowl of soup, I could smell it from the door way. His chest was glistening and his nose had gone red, he was breathing heavily and kept sniffing .I leaned against the wall and watched him.

“K, why aren’t you wearing more clothes, you’re gonna catch a cold”

“Don’t worry, I’ll cover up later, I’ll be stuck in bed all day with you otherwise “

He looked up and grinned

“And that would be such a bad thing wouldn’t it”

I frowned and rubbed my eyes, this was going to be hard.

“Come sit with me baby”, he put his tray on top of his chest of draws and patted the space next to him. I kicked my trainers of a slowly made my way over to him.

“Trey”

“Yes baby”

I sighed and sat down next to him, I was planning to break up with him, but he was making it hard. Everything little thing he did made him look so cute, his eyes were watering and he wouldn’t stop sneezing. I got into bed with him and stroked his eyebrows, his hair was nice and coolie. I laughed lightly and though back to the days in primary school, when he had plaits and used to wear beads.

I didn’t want to let go of Trey, but I was afraid, of commitment. And that’s the honest truth, I didn’t like the way things were going. Me and Trey never put a title on our relationship, we never made the best friend thing official but, I know that he was the closest thing I’d ever have to a brother or a friend .When we started to get intimate it seemed so natural , but , sometimes he’d do things that felt a bit too nice. I didn’t want to get sucked in by lust , I’d seen so many girls f*ck up their future for a boy .I couldn’t let that happen to me I deserve better and so does Trey

He put his arm around me and pulled me closer, he stroked my neck and whispered against it “What’s on your mind Kimberley?”

I looked at him, I hate it when people call me Kimberley, and Trey knows that.

I shrugged him off of me “Trey, I can’t do this anymore”.

“Do what?”

I lifted my head so that I was looking directly into his eyes, he looked so confused. I reached out for his hand and held on to it .That was a big mistake, looking into his eyes, how am I ever going to hurt him whilst looking into them. They’re what makes him Tremaine, what makes me love him so much.

Twelve Months Previous

I sized her up. She was tall, taller than me, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t take her. She was straight up a down, skinny in fact. But that didn’t mean she couldn’t take me.

I could just about see her through my tears, tears of frustration and anger. Her and her friends were laughing at me they thought that it was funny they thought that I was weak. But they didn’t understand that my tears represented the fury and the fire that was building up inside me. I’m small and I’m quiet but that doesn’t mean I don’t have a voice it doesn’t mean that I’m a coward. She thought that being Trey’s girlfriend meant something; she thought it meant that she had something over me. But I know Trey; I’ve known him for years.

Tasha and her friends closed in on me. She knelt down so that we were on the same level and pushed my head back.

“Why is it that every time I go to see MY man your there, why don’t you go and get your own, always cock blocking “She screamed in my ear, making me cringe.

Her friend Monica, the butch one held onto my arm and squeezed. Her other friend Samantha, the light skinned fat one dug her nails into my back. So much was happening at one time I didn’t even know where to start. But I knew I wasn’t going to stand for this, I’ve been through so much , I’ve had to fight in too many battles and this was just another one , that I wasn’t going to lose.

I reached out for Tasha and grabbed a chunk of her hair and slammed her head onto the wall that cornered us. She screamed out in pain and her two friends backed away shocked.

“What the fuck Kim, why is it always violence with you, can’t you just speak out for once” I looked up and saw that Trey was now standing in the doorway, her screwed me and rushed over to Tasha.

I picked up my rucksack from the ground and started to walk away, “Maybe I would Trey, if anyone listened.”

I waved at him and headed for the flat. I didn’t feel sorry for her, just him, to think he actually loves the bitch.