Chapter 1

It was a beautiful night in the city of Toronto. I loved this city so much, I had just moved here to persue my dreams in Makeup Artistry and Music. I was clearly meant to live in the city, I've wanted to live here for years. I grew up in a small town called Orillia, 30,000 in population to be exact. It's an okay town, but with dreams of a career in what I want I can't really live there.

I was dining out with my friend Annie at my favourite resteraunt, Boston Pizza. It has the best pizza and pasta on the planet. Annie is my best friend in the whole world, my mentor and my BFF. She's from Orillia too, but she got a place in the city with her boyfriend Jesse so they've been living in Toronto a little longer than me.

I was incredibly lucky to find out she knew someone who I could move in with that wouldn't charge me rent. That way I could save up money to get a place of my own to stay in. I just had to do some house cleaning for her in return until I found a job of my own. I just started applying to every Lush, Sephora and MAC in town. Plus I make a little revenue with my makeup tutorials I put on Youtube.

"Guess what I found out Victoria!" said Annie excitedly between a few bites of salad.

"I'm all ears." I said. I always got excited when Annie had good news. She always has something great to say.

"Remember that private club I found out about? Tha Admiral's Arms?"

"Yes, of course." I said. "It's apparently a vampire club."

"Yes, that's right!" she exclaimed. "That's totally up your alley!"

I completely forgot to mention that I have a thing for vampires. I'm a sucker for vampire romance movies and novels, no pun intended.

"It sounds so cool and creepy." I said. "I totally want to go, even just for a few minutes to see what it's like in there. Maybe see if those rumors are true."

"I would be careful though." said Annie. "We definetly need to go together, never go by yourself."

"I know Annie, we both never been there before. It's insisted that we both go together." I said. I tried to finish my pasta as fast as I could. I tend not to eat enough when I talk a lot and I didn't want it to get cold. That's the downside to going out to eat.

"Very true," said Annie. "it would break my heart if anything bad happened to you. I don't want you to go through what I went through. I don't care if it's the nicest vampire in the world. If anyone does anything to try to hurt you you better tell me."

I giggled with delight when she said 'nicest vampire in the world'. I don't think that a good vampire actually exsists, not including Edward Cullen. He's just not evil enough for me.

"Who's afraid of the big bad vampire anyway?" I said sarcastically. Annie laughed, she just gets me like that.

"I wonder if Lestat would ever hang out in a place like that." I said.

"I don't see why he wouldn't." said Annie. "You've been really into him lately have you?"

 "Oh yes," I said. "His music is just so captivating, so suitable for someone like me. Not just because he's a vampire, or so he says. But I relate so much to his lyrics, feeling like you're all alone in this world and that nobody cares. Feeling like you don't fit in and that you don't want to hide anymore."

"Well, ever since you moved to Toronto it seems like you've been doing a lot better. Getting off to a fresh new start is a good thing, If you be yourself just like how you are doing now and focus on the ones who love you for who you are then you will be just fine." said Annie. "I have to admit, I can understand how good it must feel to not have to worry about what people think of how you dress and act anymore. Now that you don't live with your parents you don't need to feel like you have to hide anymore. Someone like Lestat should look up to you for that."

I laughed. "I don't think Lestat would be that impressed. I think he would be intimidated."

"I don't think so," said Annie. "You still have your moments like everyone else. I'm sure he has his good days and his bad days. Everyone does."

"Maybe," I said. I took out my I-Pod and scrolled through some pictures of Lestat I found. "I wish I could interview him myself. Like those people on MTV get to do." I showed Annie my favourite picture of him on my I-Pod.

"Oooo, scary and hot!" said Annie. "His eyes are so beautiful."

"I know!" I said excitedly. "One look only for a second and I bet you can't look away. Then he pulls you into his arms, brushes your hair from your face, brushes his cheek against yours, whispers in your ear, then sinks his teeth into you."

"You really are a sucker for vampires, no pun intended!" said Annie. We both laughed hard.

"Excuse me ladies," our waiter came over. "how is everything here?"

"Lovely," said Annie. "thank you."

"Can we have the Chocolate Browie Addiction please?" I asked, ordering our dessert.

"Absolutly." he said. He took away our plates and soon was back in a flash with our yummy dessert.

"Delectible!" said Annie.

"I'm as crazy for this as a vampire crazy for blood." I said, and I really was. This was my favourite dessert on the menue. "Blah! Blah! I vant to bite your brownie!"

"Not if I bite yours first!" said Annie in a lispy vampire voice. We laughed as we ate our brownie dessert together.

After we paid our bill it was time to go home. We grabbed our shopping bags full of goodies we got at the mall earlier that day and headed back to our building. We lived in the same building but stayed in different rooms.

"Well, goodnight!" said Annie, we hugged. "We're still on for next weekend right?"

"You bet! I'm not missing that show!" I exclaimed. We were going to see Sumo Cyco next weekend. It's a band that I absolutly LOVE!

"Okay, I'll text you when the time get's closer." she said. "Bye!" Then she went inside as I headed back to my room.

When I got inside I went to my bedroom, put my shopping bags down and I stripped down to change into my nightgown. I looked out my window at the beautiful view of the city lights. I didn't quite feel like settling down yet like I did before. The vampire club came to my mind again.

"I think I'm goona go to the Admirals Arms tonight." I said out loud. I know Annie did say not to go by myself. I usually always listen to her, but something was telling me I should go. I know my way around well enough to get there anyway. And besides, the neighbourhood is safe. We don't live anywhere near the shady parts of town. So I made up my mind, I was going.

I still wanted to freshen up though and change into something more appropriate. There was no way I was going out to a vampire club in a pink sundress. I needed to darken my makeup too and straighten my hair. Culrs were too feminen for this theme I was going for.

I jumped in the shower for a quick body wash and rinse away the dirt and sweat from the day. Then I picked out my outfit as the straightening iron got hot. I picked out some leather tight pants, my black mesh long sleeve top, a black bra to wear underneathe it, and my favourite high black leather boots with zippers on the sides.

After I got dressed I washed my face to clean it for a fresher application for the makeup. I chose brown and black smokey eyes with stained red lips, perfect for a vampire club! Then I fixed my hair and striaghtened it. I put on some jewelry and I was all set to go. I packed my small chained purse with money, my phone, my ID, and some red lip gloss for touch ups. Then I grabbed my leather jacket and went out the door quietly.

As I left I knew this was not a good thing to do. I wasn't going to ask Annie to go, she obviously wouldn't feel like going now. Heck, she was probably already sleeping. I wanted to go though and I was not going to let fear stop me. I'll be fine, I kept telling myself. There's nothing to be afraid of. This city is not dangerous like the media says it is. I'm not afraid of anything.

I walked to the bus stop right near my house and as soon as it stopped for me I got on. I was feeling pretty brave, I hardly go out at night alone. I put on my headphones and blasted Lestat's music in my ears as the bus headed downtown towards the clubbing areas of Toronto. The city was bright tonight, so full of life. I felt so excited to be out, I wondered if there would be a lineup to get inside.