Chapter 1 [EDITED 14/10/13]

23/8/13-

So, I was reading over this story the other day, (mind you, it wasn't edited yet) and I wanted to cry. This story is just... ugh... it's in desperate need of editing and it's total shit and rubbish. I can't even describe my feeling for this story.

All I could think was; what the hell was I thinking while writing this?!

It's going to take a while to edit the story (even though it's only nine chapters) because I'm a huge procrastinator and I'm extremely lazy...

So, I'm going to edit this story, I must warn you, though - this story is absolute shit where it's not edited... so... read at your own risk...

-Is_That_Batman

_________________*EDITED*________________

Ronnie stood with his back turned to me. He was signing several adoption papers that were pretty much vital to my well being. Ronnie Fucking Radke was adopting me! Why me, though? What's so special about an under weight, depressed, "emo" orphan? When he spoke the four words I had never thought I was ever going to hear, I was at loss for words. Like I had said; why me? After thirteen years, I'm finally getting adopted!

Ronnie turned around and looked at me, raising an eyebrow as I looked at him confused. He shook his head and turned back around to the lady that has made my life hell these past thirteen years - my social worker, Suzie. Frigid bitch.

"Good riddance, Katy," she gave me that twisted, appalling smile of hers. The one that made me want to stab her in her face.

 "Thank God I'm leaving. It seems to be that you're always PMSing," I snapped and made a face of disgust before I threw my shoe at her.

"Christ!" she cried as my left VANS' shoe hit her cheek. "Your shoe?! Really?!" after she had gotten over her surprise, she looked at me with an amused expression. Bloody lucky it wasn't my fist!

"Just be glad it wasn't my fist!" I snarled.

"I can see there's going to be a bit of separation anxiety between you two," Ronnie joked dryly and I scoffed.

"She wishes," Suzie spat and I stuck my tongue out at her before turning to Ronnie.

"We should get going..." he announced awkwardly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I concur!" I gave him a curt nod. Suzie rolled her eyes at my statement and I narrowed mine at her.

"Ju-just please, take it away already," she shooed me away and I gave her the finger, following Ronnie out the door. I followed him to the car park and to his car.

"Why me?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Why you what?"

"Why'd you adopt me?" I asked, "I mean, there's other kids there."

"Well, you seemed like you've been there a while and that you needed to get away from... away from that annoyingly hostile lady that you were having a lovely conversation with," he explained with a shrug.

"There's other kids that have been there longer than I have..." I mumbled under my breath, Ronnie chuckled at me.

"Would you like me to take you back?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not really, no. I'm just still a bit confused," I admitted.

"You seem like an awesome kid. You seemed like you listen to the type of music I play and you look pretty bad ass," he shrugged and I nodded. Ronnie revved up the engine and put the car into reverse, pulling out of the parking space, then into drive and he drove out of the car park.