Chapter 1

It had been a surprise to hear that his youngest sibling had started the end war early. Gold eyes narrowed at the information, staring unblinkingly through the eyes of his mask as he turned the news over in his head.
"What bull are you spouting now?"
War was too honourable and proud to ever disobey. This he knew for a fact.

The watcher flitted side to side, drifting just a bit away from the sharpshooter. Not that that would have done it much good, guns and all.
"It is the truth!"
Its high irritating voice was going to get it shot eventually.
"The red rider rode to earth and doomed humanity." It trilled. Truly the creature was trying his patience. "His fate is to be decided. But you must..."
Yeah blah blah blah.
Strife tuned out its presence. Looked like he wasn't going to be attending the court.

-----------------------

The Forge Lands. Greenlands and blasted plains. He rode directly to tri-stone. He had to before Corruption sealed them all in. The old ones were seemingly surprised to see him. He handed off Redemption.
"If any of my brothers comes through, do not mention my presence."
Then he was gone.

-----------------------

Earth was a dreary place indeed. Demons had left it a broken and devastated wasteland.
The white mare materialized, trotting out into the streets. Her rider was listening closely, taking in his surroundings. Hopefully there was something left of humanity.
The pure horse tossed its head, giving a whinny.
"I know. We aren't sure though."
It snorted.
"You find them then."
He stroked his steed's neck, allowing her to take lead. Silently they progressed through the city, accompanied only by the hoofbeats that echoed through the shattered remains and the quiet shuffling on something small and likely insignificant.
He wasn't here on Council business. He knew he wasn't at full power either. But he needed to do this. A bow and quiver were strapped to his back and a pair of significantly weaker pistols than his mains shoved into the holsters at his hips.

-----------------------

Ulthane was not hard to find. He was working on something when the gunslinger arrived. The smell of recently deceased was mixed with the sweet smell of nature.
"You missed him."
Strife nodded. He knew that. He tossed Mercy at the old one and turned on his heel.
"Don't mention me. Also touch her up if you can. I'll pay you later."
He assumed that was fine considering there was no answer but the clang of the hammer resuming.
Mounting his horse he walked her out.
"Time for our own agenda."