Chapter 5

August Pov

"Well dont you look mighty fine this morning" i checked Mya out with no shame.

"Thank you, even though i cant see myself" she muttered. I hate when she talk like that.

"Come on na dont start allat you know how i feel bout that" she always makes me feel guilty for complimentin her on how she looks. That aint cool. Sometimes i wonder why good people suffer the most.

"Yea yea i know i just wish i could see but i guess God has other plans for me huh"

I pulled her in for a hug. "You know how they say things happen for a reason ma? Well this happening for a reason be'lieve me you goin be able to see one day" she breathe out " you think so ?"

"Nah i know so, dont lose ya faith"

"But sometimes God takes so long" she sighed.

"My momma always told me God never works on our time but in his time because he knows exactly what he is doing" i looked down in her pretty brown eyes.

"Thank you , i needed to hear that" i took her hand. "No pro'lem"

"You go to church ?"

"Nah" I knew this conversation would pop up one day i was just hoping it wouldnt be anytime soon.

"Why?"
"I be busy workin and if not we have family day on sundays" i lied . Except for the working part.

"Ohh i see , so why dont you bring your family over to church then"

"Because ..uh.. not all of them are religious..my momma is tho but she just busy working" It dont feel right lying to her. Made me feel all guilty. I wasnt lying when i said my momma religious.

"Yo momma ..Mrs.Alsina , how does she look."

"Ooohwee my momma is one fine ladyy i tell you, cant even put into words how fine she is ... just know she as fine as her son" i smirked.

"She as fine as me ??" She teased. "Hell no she way finer ... if she wasnt my momma boy..-"

"Eeeeew august!!" She smacked my shoulder as we busted out laughing.

"I'm just playing man .. on a real tho she fine but not as fine as you Mya.. scratch fine you beautiful you gorgeous you betta believe it cause daddy aug told you so" i pat my chest. She sucked her teeth before laughing.

She turned a whole new shade​ of red. "Thank you"

"August-" she was cut off when the bell rang.
Our free period was over and it was time to pack up and go class.

I helped her pack up and we began walking.
"August i gotta pee bring me to the bathroom." I chuckled and pulled her along.

I opened the door for her and followed her in. "Uh uh nigga i know you aint following me into the girls bathroom." She chuckled. "Why not ?"

"August its the girls bathroom!" I was still unbothered. I cant see anything anyway..the door for the bathroom stall is there for privacy im giving her privacy aint i ?
"So ?"
"August wait for me outside"
"Why ?"
"August this is the girls bathroom!"
"Aight aight i'm out dont take long"

Mya's pov

I just flushed the toilet. And walked out the stall to go wash my hands.

I feel around to find the button to turn on the water and wash my hands.

I heard a door slam shut from the stalls.

"oh my gosh your the blind girl right ?" Somebody came asking me. I hate when people talk to me like that or refer to me as 'the blind girl'