Introduced to the Dark

I woke up with bright lights shining in my eyes, darkness engulfing the space around me. My eyes slowly adjust and my mind flowing with the waters of fear. I try to move but it seems I am secured to what seems to be a table. I look around, there are tools on a stand right next to me. These items appear to be crusted with a dark red substance. I looked around in panic as I struggled to try to free myself.

The air was cold and damp, my breaths of panic get quieter as I slowly assess the situation. It appears I lay on an operating table. I calm down slightly but my pulse is still violently kicking but the more I calm the less I wish I had, my ears tune into faint screaming, muffled by tiled walls. I can almost feel the pain and agony that voice is going through as they scream.

All I can do is try to get myself free. I pull at the straps as long as I can with much force but I can barely get the threads to tear. I continue to push harder, little by little I hear the snapping of the material. I become so worn out that I rest my heart-rate for a moment. While I lay there I hear footsteps, almost as if they are slowly coming towards me from a door across the room. I can't see with this light in my eyes but its my conclusion.

I start pulling at the straps again, finally I free my right arm. In a panic I unstrap my appendages and get off the table. I feel a woozy feeling and I need to adjust cause of the blood now flowing differently in my body from laying down so long. I grab the light and swing it around, it is on a stand so I can't carry it like I wish I could. The footsteps that were being heard stopped. I take my time to shine the light around the room for anything useful.

I shine the light towards the door and remember that direction then at some tables, the best thing I could find for defense were a rusty scalpel and some scissors. I put them in my pockets and as I do I feel an unusual object. I pull that out and look at it for a moment. An odd thing to have, a marble on a chain or so it seemed in this lighting. I decided to point the light back at the door, the big dark doors with a glass in it. The doors were not frightening, but the figure behind the glass was, pressing up against it, a dark figure in which seemed to be grinning, before he flashed away in almost an instant.