The Arena

Gabe, Griffin, and Carter were three normal wizard students. Their teacher, Professor Rattlebones was the only necromancer teaching at their school. One day the teacher went missing. The day that the three students were going to find their teacher, they found that their teacher was on the other side of the door.

He rushed in without us asking him in and quickly said to us, "Carter, Griffin, and Gabe, the world is in peril and I believe you are the only three that can stop this terrible fate." That was when it started going downhill.

From that point on we could not see anyone else but our professor. We had been told that everyone in town but us had been possessed by an evil mage. We didn't know why we were spared from this fate but we would find out eventually.

Professor Rattlebones told us that we needed to pack the things most dear to us because we were never coming back. Once we had all gathered our things we set off to go to an ancient training arena inside of a mountain. This training arena was, what you call the coolest thing ever open ceilings, giant doorways, torches lined every wall. There were so many ways to make an awesome entrance. The one downside was that the arena was in the middle of nowhere. There was no village in thirteen miles of us. Because we were in the middle of nowhere there was no way to get food, no way but to grow it. I am sorry to all the farmers, but there is nothing more boring than farming entirely by hand. Anyway this is where you readers came in. With all the forest and ocean smells and the training duel. Well I was at my weekly training duel with my teacher, it was about my seventh duel and I was doing pretty well. I came so close to beating Professor Rattlebones this time but as always he pulled out his undead minions and the "evil mage" beat me again.

After about seven weeks at our new camp at the top of the mountain we encountered a slight problem. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was standing with a bucket in my hand at the well, it was my turn to water the carrots and potatoes. When I saw a pitch black cloud coming toward the camp, "What the heck is that?" Said I. The professor must have heard me because as soon as I said it he was there, "It looks like a strange cloud." I said, he responded with, "That's no cloud, those are crows,"

"Why would crows fly in clouds?"

"Those are no ordinary crows, they are spies, of the dark mage."

I remember feeling my heart begin to pound in my chest like a goblin pounds bones to meal. "Get inside quickly!" My teacher said, and I was all too happy to listen. I got inside where Carter and Griffin were battling each other, Griffin was the dark mage this time. As soon as we got in our teacher got down and told all of us to do the same. Once we were all down hiding, the professor put a silence spell on all of us to make sure we made no noise. I had a feeling this was going to be a lot worse than I thought. After a few moments we heard a slight ringing, as you remember we could not speak so we could not tell each other this. Then after a few minutes of ringing all was quiet, then everything broke loose. It felt like our souls were being wrenched out of our bodies and that all that we had done and learned has been for nothing. We later learned that it was the crows that had made the sounds, the sounds were made to drive out even the strongest of creatures from their hiding places, and once there, the crows would drop down and finish the suffering of the creature. After the crows had gone, we got out of our hiding places and Professor Rattlebones undid his spell on us. Then he told us something that terrified us, "Friends, from now on we will be followed, our enemy has discovered our plans and is going to want to exterminate us himself. Everyone that you once knew will be after you. From this point on you can never go back to your old life."