Their World

A blast of energy and light took over me. I felt as though I was about to pass out, so I squeezed Pacifica's hand tighter.
"Dipper, what's happening!?" I could hear her cry. Her voice seemed far off although she was standing right next to me.
"Don't worry!" Was all I could reply. My lungs felt empty. I took a gulp of air and my knees touched the ground. I crouched for a moment, unaware of my surroundings.
"Dipper?"
"Pacifica!" I coughed and turned to face her. A deep gash ran through her arm where her clothing was ripped. "What happened!?"
"Don't worry 'bout it. I'm fine." She shrugged it off but I comforted her anyways, throwing my shaking arms around her. I could feel her wobbling. I scooped her into my arms as if I were to carry her.
"Dipper, I'm really fi-" Her voice faded when we both looked around. Wherever we were, I didn't like it. It looked like the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Everything was dilapidated, crumbling to dust on the dead grass.
"Oh. My. God."
I began to walk. She was still cradled in my arms despite her attempt at denial.
"Mabel!" My weak yell echoed for what seemed like forever through the crisp, dry air.
No response.
"Mabel!" I could feel tears building up again.
Still no response.
"Dipper, look." Pacifica gestured towards a pinkish light in the distance. I didn't hesitate for a moment before beginning to make my way towards it. I set her down.
"You're sure you're fine?"
"Dip, don't worry. I'm positive." I smiled slightly and brushed her hair out of her face.

Our feet crunched in the brown weeds. Her shoulder pressed against mine.
"Can I tell you something?" Her voice was worried.
"Anything."
"I'm scared."
"I'm scared too."
We continued, surrounded now by silence.

"We have each other." I admitted what I was imaging saying out of the blue.
She giggled her adorable laugh. I leaned over and covered her parted lips with mine in a kiss.
We finally reached our destination.

"What is this place?"
I didn't quite know the answer to Pacifica's question.
"Their World."