The Date

Shreyansh jotted his way to her, plopping down on the all too comfy sofa, he started, "Guess what? I finally asked her out...", Grinning madly from ear to ear, thoroughly resembling a Cheshire cat... He swept the book out of her hands and kept on with his mindless ramblings.." Now comes the actual part of the story, where do I take her, what do I wear, what should I gift her? .. Oh come on, Meg, help me out here".

Sighing at his antics, she miserably failed as she tried to take her book from him, He was all too tall, "Eiffel Tower..." she cursed and reluctantly gave in.

"Okay. Fine. What do want?" she asked... rolling her eyes.

"Tell me your idea of a Perfect First Date..."

"Hmm... Perfect First date?... Okay... First , no roses, Roses is just too mainstream. Rather get me a Chocolate and let me happily munch it down in front of you. No movies either and definitely not a posh restaurant. He should take me to the beach... Make Mud castles with me.Stare into the wide ocean dreaming of sailing In it. The beach is just so peaceful, so calm, so beautiful. When the water touches your feet it feels as if you have been cleansed of all your sins. We should watch the sun set in the western horizon and the beautiful colour play. The wonders of Mother Nature. The illuminated sky slowly dimming out, giving way for the stars to shine. I'd also like a long Bike ride, and if it rains, then nothing like it, roadside food, yumm... Hotdogs, pizzas... Not a candle light dinner. He should talk to me , like really talk to me, not those small talks. He should tell me what he likes, whats his most bizarre desire and most adventurous thought. He should be honest with me. Treat me like a friend, rather than a Princess to be rescued. And of course , if its possible, I'd love to go Horse Riding . That's one of my most ardent desires. We should be comfortable rather than awkward. Speak our minds rather than thinking what the other person will think about us. That's about it. Oh , yes, Chocochip icecream is a MUST.", she concluded smiling as he finally let her take the book back.

He grinned at the beauty in front of him and kissed her cheek saying, "Be ready at 19:00. Sharp."

"What for?", she asked surprised.

" Our Date ofcourse..", with a last wink he left , whistling away his happy tune.

The book lay forgotten, as finally reality seemed better than the world of Stories.