Dazed

I was sleeping up there on the soft clouds. I felt like I could jump higher than the atmosphere. I was reaching for warmth from the golden ball of light, but I was so cold. Where was I? Antarctica? The view from up here was amazing, all I could see was the endless white and flickers of blue ice. The ice formations looked spectacular, "Look there's one shaped like a chair and there's one shaped like a table." I whispered to myself.

I floated onwards into night. The sky turned dark and blotted out the daylight, a cloak of black came over head, the cold light of the twinkling stars became present.

My cloud started floating downwards to the snowy floor.

In the display of stars that were present, a brilliant white sphere was there. She must be a Goddess for she glowed the brightest, commander of the armies of the light, suspended eternally in the darkness of space.

The cloud had floated down so low, that now I stepped off onto the cold snow.

But then to my surprise a roar came from behind me. A polar bear with needle like claws jolted towards me. I jumped back onto my cloud in terror. " Up up!" I screamed, but the cloud wouldn't budge.

"Don't worry I'm just giving you another dose of morphine for the pain," the polar bear soothed."You shouldn't be wandering around in your weak condition."

Confused, coming out of my daze, the huge white form of the polar bear became focused into a person in a white coat standing over me. All I could think about was the stabbing pain in my arm and the weight on my chest. I could hardly breathe. I started gasping for air, struggling, my windpipe won't open.

Crushing pains broke me in and out of consciousness. The sound of death whispered through my head. The pale tortured skin beneath my chin gave no support to the closing windpipe beneath. Like enclosing walls my life pushed to a close. But then the cold metal blade penetrated the thin skin of my neck, then was drawn across my failing windpipe. I took a frantic gulping breath of air as blackness came over me.