Prologue

"...What do you mean?" Your jaw hung in disbelief.

"Exactly what I mean, (Y/N)." Came your boyfriend's disgruntled reply.

"But I don't understand, S--"

"This is for the best. Let's just break it off."

You felt your eyes starting to sting, but you held your tears back. Opening your mouth, you spoke with perplexity lacing your tone.

"Why? Did I do something wrong? Don't you love me anymore?"

"(Y/N)," He sighed, "I do love you, but this relationship isn't going anywhere. It's not healthy."

You shakily clenched your fist, "N-No, please...we can work this out. Don't leave me."

Why did it suddenly turn out like this? You didn't understand at all. If he really does love you, then why is he leaving you? You loved him more than anything in the world. Why is he doing this to you? He was the only person you ever wanted, needed.

All those years of chasing after him, making him turn your way, you thought you finally had it all.

"I'm sorry, but it is what it is. You're wasting my time, and the way you keep clinging to me as if your life depended on it is getting annoying." He dropped the truth that he had been masking on for a while.

"It's just that, right? I can change! I won't stick to you that much anymore so please.." You begged him, grabbing on to the sleeves of his coat.

Peeling off your hands, he glared at you, "You need to leave, (Y/N). We're nothing now."

"No, I love you! Don't do this! You know I can't do anything without you!"

"That's right, which is why we should end this. You live off of me and I can't handle it anymore." He stated, heading towards the door of his office, opening it.

"Please..." You thought to try reasoning with him again.

"Leave."

"...Fine."

Sighing, you saw yourself out but not before stealing one last glance towards your beloved.

His back was facing you, not even bothering to look at you anymore.

'Just why?'