●One: Two-Faced●

This is a new start for me, but I hope you guys continue to be with me again! It's actually my first time writing in second person point of view so if there are any errors, please let me know.

☆☆☆☆

Fixing the folders that you were currently hugging within your arms, you gave the people around you a smile as they did the same, (h/l) (h/c) hair flowing behind you as you walked gracefully.

"Morning, (Y/N)!" Mariko, a fellow co-worker, greeted you, standing up from her seat and walking over to you, "Did you manage to read over and memorize those files from yesterday?"

You grinned at her smugly, handing her the folders.

"Of course, who do you think I am?"

"As expected of you! No wonder you got promoted again!"

You chuckled at her praise. While you intended to come off modest in a way, you didn't want to demean yourself either. You were hired and accepted into one of the most privileged and renowned law firms in Tokyo. Although coming from a middle class family, your parents were dead strict to you since you were a kid, always pushing you to your limits and never letting you rest until you've done everything right.

Somehow through it all, you've eventually developed to be a highly intellectual woman, especially bearing a very advantageous skill.

You had an eidetically retentive memory.

With just a meagre glance or two, you had everything: pictures, words, data, codes, basically imprinted into your head.

You knew you were blessed, thanking your talent for it was what had brought you here and graduated university as the valedictorian in your class. Yet your parents still couldn't get their backs off you, saying that you shouldn't waste your talent and not to slack off so you constantly receive calls from them.

"Thanks. I need to get going to my office now." You bade her a goodbye, walking off to the hallway that led to your workspace. Once you were out of the eyes of the mindful eyes, you balled your hands into a fist, roughly opening the door then closing it.

A memory so clear, though it occured a few months ago, flashed, prompting the organ in your left chest to squeeze tightly.

"We're nothing now."

'Damn it.' You gritted your teeth, burying your face into your hand. 'Don't think about it again for now, (Y/N).' You stomped over to your swivel chair, putting away your things.

"It's so hot in here." You blurted out, snatching a hair tie from one of your drawers then tying your hair into a high ponytail.

"I should get to work." You sighed, pulling out a pile of documents.

Beep beep.

Your dull eyes trailed over to your bag that rested on the desk. Reaching for it, you took out your phone, opening the message in hope.

Good morning. Are you at work right now?

Raising a brow, you typed in a reply.

Yes, what do you want?

'Oh, it's just him.' You thought in disappointment. Just as you were about to put your phone down, you instantly received a reply from the person.

Nothing. I just wanted to greet you, that's all.

Rolling your eyes, you clicked your tongue.

K.

After that, you switched your phone to silent mode, resuming your undivided attention back to your work documents.