Chapter 6

August POV

I watched her play the piano in class as i leaned up against​ the door. Her class was about to end and then it would be lunch time.
I couldnt get that day in the bathroom out my mind. It was about a week ago. She been more quiet than the usual. That right there proves to me that she still thinking bout it too. She probably thinking about her insecurities. Ion like that at all.

I was gonna make sho she felt worth it. I was gonna make sho she understands that she is beautiful. I was gonna make sure of that fo sho.

I snapped out of my thoughts when she started singing.

Your smile has disappeared
Your face is stained with tears
From pain that seems to never end
your heart's completely broken cant breathe i see you choking
Its hard to breathe when life's not fair

How long will these things last , their not movin not movin too fast
Your hope is growing thin
You've prayed every prayer feels like gods not there
But your heart keeps whisperin within ..oooh ohh

Chorus
It wont be , like this always there'll be better days

By then she stopped. The song could relate so much to me and a whole lot of people. The song made me feel a type of way.
I dont kno how to explain it.

I waited for her to come out. She stood there talking to her teacher. I saw them hug and exchange numbers or whatever.

"Well hello there beautiful " she looked startled at first but then she broke into a huge smile. "Hey August ..september ..oct-" i sucked my teeth " stop with allat" i waved dismissively.
She just laughed it off.

We entered the cafeteria. "I am inlove with yo voice Mya aint no joke" i told her serious.

"Thank you August" she blushed. "When i was small my momma always use to sen me youths and i've learned how to sing ..ever since i just been gettin better" she said.

"Hmm.. i liked the song you singed as well just yall type of songs be depressin sometimes" it was the truth .. sometimes it be all boring and stuff and its like nah bruh.

"I rather listen to my christian hip hop and worship songs that bring forth the truth and give people hope than to listen to the songs people nowadays are makin, the lies and the false hope the fake stuff and allat nuh uh"

"It helps tho makes you forget about errything"

"I dont believe so , i rather fight the problem then runaway from it life is all about lessons if you dont learn to fight it you gon' be suffering alot, the more you fight the stronger you become, the more you wont let little things bring you down, thats what i think ..nah thats what i know" hmm i never thought of it that way.

Damn she fine she talented and she smart. Thank you god for blessing me with her. Tired of these broads.

"I mean to say no matter what people always run to God when things get rougher than expected." I nodded to that. That was true.
We finally got our food and headed to the table.

"hey guys" everybody greeted us back as we took our seat.

"Gyal you heard what happened ?" Becca came close to Mya.

"Girl palm ol-pamela's daddy came to school today and boy did she cry, yall thought Dennis was mean try her daddy" damn

"What did her father say ?" Mya cut in.