Thinking About Someone Else

Stephanie was an average teenager as society dictated, she was not the most beautiful nor the ugliest girl. She went to school and came home each day with no diversions. There was no excitement in her life as she did not play a sport and was socially awkward as the teens would say. On one afternoon while walking home from school Stephanie saw a beautiful girl of her age sitting on a park bench. Stephanie could not help but stare at the girl as her beauty was breathtaking. The girl's eyebrows were like an eagle perfectly perched on her face ready to take flight. Her eyes were a fierce green colour highlighted by her extravagantly long eyelashes. Her features were simply perfect and Stephanie could not help but envy the girl for her beauty she wished to be the girl even for a split second and she wondered what it was like to be so beautiful. Stephanie approached the girl hoping to strike up a conversation. As she sat down next to her she inquired, " I do not wish to bother you but what is your name? " There was no response from the girl so Stephanie asked a second time and the girl did not respond. Enraged Stephanie roughly spoke to the girl, "I know I may not be as pretty as you are but you could at least speak to me or am I not of your status! " Stephanie was then quickly turned around by a burly young man who looked at her with tears in his eyes. "Mam I do not know why you would choose to speak to her like that... She is incapable of hearing and walking why are you screaming at her because she has not responded to you, " the man croaked on the verge of crying. Ashamed and disgusted by her behaviour Stephanie apologized to the man and quickly walked away. Stephanie could not believe what she had done and she could not forget her grave mistakes and actions of envy and rage as she walked home.