●Three: New Client●

Sorry if it's still not making any sense. I promise, it'll get a little better. Hopefully. ;w;

☆☆☆☆

You groaned in dizziness as you woke up. Taking a moment to massage your temples, your groggy line of sight slowly became clearer.

'Perhaps I shouldn't have drank that crap last night.' You thought, getting out of bed and drinking the glass of water that was just on your table for some reason.

You were at it again. Getting sad over your own thoughts only to end up with the solution of alcohol as the answer.

'Shintarō wouldn't like this at all. Didn't you say you would change?' You once again heard the voice inside your head say.

'I did, and didn't I attend those psycho--'

'They're not enough.'

You groaned again when your phone started ringing loudly. Snatching it from your bag, you checked the caller ID and sighed in annoyance.

"Mother." You greeted over the call.

"Where have you been?! You didn't pick up any of our calls last night! You haven't been fooling around, have you?!"

You winced, putting the device further from your ear.

"Of course not. Besides, I'm a grown and working woman for heaven's sake. I was just busy, and if you keep calling me like this all the time, then I wouldn't be able to get my work done in peace."

"Watch your tongue, young lady. Anyways, if that's all then alright. As long as you understand."

"Wait, how's (B/N) doing?" You asked with a yawn.

"Your brother is fine. He's still not as smart as you but he will catch up sooner or later." She stated notoriously.

You furrowed your brows, "You haven't been hard on him, right? We had a deal. You guys gave me your word."

"Yes, we know."

"You better." She hung up after a few seconds. You loved your parents really, but at the same time, you hated how selfish and manipulative they were. You couldn't even remember the last time you had fun when you were young, cooped up in your home, reading all the books your mother had gotten you as references while your father who was an estate agent, supported her cause simply because he thought it would help you achieve more in the future.

Looking at the time, you jumped when you saw how late it was.

"Why didn't this good-for-nothing alarm clock work?"

☆☆☆☆

You walked hastily towards the elevator, jabbing the button numerous times until you finally heard a ring. Pressing the number of your respective floor, you let out a couple of short breaths.

"Wow, you're actually almost late today, (Y/N)-san." A masculine voice chuckled beside you as looked at the person. A tall, pale skinned man with short raven hair that covered his left eye.

"Ah, you scared me for a second there, Tatsuya." You narrowed your eyes at him, clutching on to the thick pile of papers tightly as your bag nearly slipped off your shoulder.

"Sorry, sorry. Need some help with those?" He offered with a small smile.

"Oh, that'd be great. Thanks." You divided the sheets as you gave him the smaller pile, but he took the larger one.

"Don't worry about it. It's common sense to want to help out someone in need. Especially a lady." He stated in assurance. The doors slid open as you both walked out to your office.