The first post

It was your average Saturday night. I had gotten to go to my grandparents, so I was just sitting in the guest bedroom checking Facebook when I saw it. R.I.P Jaden Force. I just stared at it for a second trying to collect my thoughts. Once I had gained some strength I decided to text Harlee, the one who posted it, and ask her if she was positive it was Jaden. The only reason I asked is because the news report didn't have a name. After I texted her I felt my world come  crumbling down at her response. Yes. I don't even know how to explain what I felt in that moment. I was just numb. After a minute or so I just started crying. My best friend was gone. When I checked the news report it said he was hit by a car next to Meridian. Wow. The last place I saw him is where he was killed. Then I keep scrolling and see something that brings my hopes up a little bit. Condition not classified. He wasn't dead. I had a slight moment of relief before it was quickly traded with sadness. He was suffering. My grandparents were taking a nap so I couldn't talk to them so I did what made the most sense, I cried. I guess they heard me because after a minute they came in the room. My grandmother let me use her phone so that I could call my mom which I thanked her for. After 4 or 5 rings she picked up with a hello. But, once I heard her voice I couldn't stop the sob that escaped my mouth. She immediately got worried and asked me what was wrong. I couldn't even tell her for a minute, but once I did I could hear her gasp which made me cry even more. She told me how sorry she was and when I told her about what the news report said. She told me she would see what she could find out. I smiled slightly at how much she cared. Once we hung up I just stood on the porch hoping the fresh would help me out. Once I felt calm enough I walked back inside. I handed my grandmother her phone, made me a cup of ice water, and sat on the couch. My grandparents tried talking to me but I knew once I spoke I would just start crying again. I sat on the couch for a little while hoping that having them around me would make me feel better, but it didn't. It honestly just reminded me of when I had Jaden by my side. So, I closed my eyes and walked back upstairs without saying anything. Once I got settled again I texted my good friend Joshua. I just sent hey to begin with. It took him a minute to respond but once he did I felt a bit better. I sent him the message, "I need your help." He was confused at first as to why I was asking for his help because I had never done that before. But, once I explained everything to him he sent, "What can I do?" I smiled a little. I knew he would help me. He told me he was going to call all the local hospitals and try to figure out which one Jaden was in.  I fully smiled. He really, truly cared. I thanked him and we just spent a while talking about random stuff. After about 45 minutes my grandparents called me down because we were leaving. They were taking me to Longhorn. I took a deep breath and refocused my thoughts. I have to have fun tonight. At the moment, all I could do was wait.