Chapter 1

This is my first story so please be patient ;)

...

Hannah was shuffling through dozens of papers, chaotically. She was so stressed about her first day at her new job, she was already late.

"Hannah! Don't worry I'll sort that out! Hurry up, you're already late!"

That was Emma. The 'over - protective friend'.

"Fine. But first..." Hannah continued as she rambled through everything, "this is everything you need to know for Zac. His feeding and nap times, what to do when he cries and other stuff like that."

"You act as if this is my first time with your son."

"I'm sorry Em, it's just I don't know what I'll do for Zac once you get a life of your own."

"Thanks." She giggled, "you don't have to worry about these things. I'm your best friend and always have been. Now, HURRY UP!"

"Ok, ok! I'm going!" She gives Zac a small peck on the cheek and leaves the house.

...

Hannah ran for her life into the reception for her new job.

"Morning! Um... Sorry... I'm late... I'm Hannah Kingston and this is my first day here... Sorry... I'm a bit... All over the place today..."

She made significant pauses in between every word as she tried to give the woman on the front desk her forms.

"Hannah Kingston... I see..." The woman spoke as she scanned her eyes over the forms.

Hannah was praying that she didn't already mess up. The reception woman looked quite scary to add on her worries.

"Hannah. Don't worry." The woman gave a warm smile, "I know you are nervous and even though you are already late, I know you can make a good start here. I'm Jessie, by the way."

Hannah was extremely shocked by how welcoming Jessie was. "Thank you, Jessie."

...

The brunette walked calmly through the doors. After Jessie's words of encouragement, she felt a lot more confident.

The meeting for the current workers had already begun so Hannah fastened her pace a little bit.

"Morning." She smiled as she entered the meeting, "Sorry I'm late. My name is Hannah, I'm the new saleswoman." She informed the boss and her new colleagues.

"Don't worry about it." Her boss was surprisingly forgiving. "Guys, this is Hannah Kingston, our new saleswoman, she will be replacing Miss Carter. Would you like to tell us anything about yourself Hannah?"

"Um... I'm 22 and... Um... I..." Hannah was asking herself whether she should mention Zac. "I um... I have a son named Zac... Um he will be turning 1 next month... Um... Yeah... I'm not really very interesting..."

The colleagues giggled as the young mother quickly took a seat.

"Thank you for that, Hannah. We were just talking about the new marketing technique which I'm sure you have heard of. Am I right? The boss, also known as Mr James, questioned.

Hannah silently nodded her head.

...

After the hour long meeting was over, a young girl walked over to Hannah.

"Hi. I'm Ava. Nice to meet you."

"Hannah. Nice to meet you too."

The pair shook hands and talked for what was forever but seemed like nothing.

"I'm so glad I'm not the youngest anymore." Ava blurted out, "Oh, I'm so sorry if that came across rude, it sounded much nicer in my head." The red - head looked down, embarrassed.

Hannah giggle and assured her that she wasn't offended. "What's wrong about being the youngest?"

"Nothing... It's just... Well I'm 23 and everyone is older so they all have separate friends in their own age. I was always the loner. I'm glad you are here... I hope we can maybe be friends? I mean... Like if that's ok with you and if it's not then that's completely f-"

Ava was interrupted by Hannah's reply; "Yes! I would love to be friends! I hope you don't mind showing me around?"

"Course." The 'second - youngest' flashed a smile as the two walked around the building.

...

"And lastly this is your new office!"

"Woah!" Hannah looked around the room in amazement.

The pair were interrupted by a knock on the door.

A young boy, not much older than Ava, entered the room.  "Hey. Sorry to intrude or anything but I just wanted to see how you were settling in."

"Hi. I'm doing fine, thank you." Hannah stated.

"Hannah this is Joshua Wilson." Ava explained.

"Call me Josh." He gave Hannah a very sexy smile.

"Pleasure to meet you Josh."

"And you."