●Five: Civil●

What are you planning to do, I wonder? 😪

☆☆☆☆

"You're hired."

Pink eyes gleamed in awe.

"R-Really?! Thank you, Ms. (L/N)! I promise I won't let you down! Leave it to me!" Momoi linked her fingers.

"No, thank you. I've been needing a secretary for a while now and looking at your résumé, I can tell how you're perfect for this job. Plus, you're good at handling technology." You smiled at her, "Also, just (Y/N) is fine, Satsuki."

"E-Eh? But I work for you and you're older than me. Wouldn't that be rude?" She reasoned out rationally.

"Yes, but since you also work with me, I will be trusting you with a lot of things and the best way to start off is to establish closeness." You explained, fixing the papers that contained all her information aside, standing up to initiate a handshake which she happily returned.

"Akashi-kun was right about you."

You blinked in puzzlement, "Oh yeah?"

"He said that you were a professionally levelheaded person and not to mention kind. Waah, I was kind of expecting you to be a little mean since most of the lawyers I came to encounter were too, but I'm so glad!" The pinkette breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I'm happy to hear to you think so. I'll have your résumé processed soon and then you can start tomorrow. How does that sound?"

"Great! I look forward to working for you!" Momoi beamed with an eager smile as you nodded back.

"Likewise. You're now dismissed. Be ready by tomorrow."

She stood up from the seat and bowed.

"Understood, ma'am!" She grinned jokingly before walking out, "Bye, (Y/N)!"

You waved at her quietly, entertained. It did you good to be surrounded by cheerful people and you were thankful. Throughout your upbringing, it was exhilarating having been told what and how to do things, barely even having the time to sort out your thoughts.

You stared at your motionless hand, opening and closing your palm. You managed to deal with that case smoothly as planned. You had never ever lost one.

Neither did you plan to any soon.

Everyone thought that it was a piece of cake for you to get this far...but they were wrong. Yes, your exceptional memory did help you a lot more than you could ever count, but not everything was of free charge. There was a price you had to pay. Just like everyone else, you had been through an immense mental struggle that could've been the sole reason for your alleged dereliction. It was all thanks to him. The one man you've only ever loved so much.

Midorima Shintarō.

To anyone, that would probably just be the name of a successful surgeon, a man worthy of entitlement and respect. One of the many doctors who have dedicated their lives to treating ill and injured people.

But to you, he was your salvation. No one would ever be able to understand the countless things he did only for you. Even if he had absolutely no obligation to. In the past, you suffered ineptly from all the pressure your family put you through in spite of the fact that they knew how bad you were with handling mental distress. They deprived you of a social life and molded you into the ideal daughter that they've always wanted and in the end, got.

You were running out of patience.

You needed to see him.

Even if it's just a glimpse, you just needed to.