.intro.

"one more lap, kook. you're almost there!"

"shu- shut the fuck up," his breath came out in laboured huffs, basically gasping for air while hunched over. "just give me a minute."

"you've been saying that for the past hour, do you even wanna win your next tournament?" yoongi nagged at jungkook.

jungkook couldn't help but roll his eyes, already preparing himself for the incoming lecture. he knew yoongi had good intentions but did he have to act like his mom half the time?

"you're not gonna beat your score, if you don't push yourself more. i get that it's hard but i know you can do it, i just wish you did too." a sigh escaped yoongi's lips, running his hand through his hair as he stared jungkook down.

jungkook looked down at his feet in shame as yoongi's words struck a cord within him, "i haven't gotten any faster since we started training... the other competitors are already miles ahead of me by now. just face it already, i'm never gonna beat them."

"hey, look at me," yoongi placed a hand on jungkooks back, his gaze softening "i've seen your running, kook. you have the talent, you just need to let yourself believe it."

jungkook's lips lifted up in small smile, comforted by yoongi's words of encouragement but it still wasn't enough to fully shake his doubt. "you know what happens to those who don't win this right, hyung? i- i can't drag you down with me. i can't let you be taken if i lose, i-"

yoongi pulled jungkook into his arms, trying to calm him down with his touch, "kook, calm down. it's okay, i'm here for you." he glanced down at jungkook, lifting his chin up so he can look him in the eyes. "i won't let you lose."