Living Twice Part 1

Hello. Reading this means you've survived the apocalypse. Now, use this story for those who haven't been in the apocalypse to remind them of the pains of the time. Now this is my story and the story of my friends, family, and enemies.

It all started when I was 23. It was December of 2016. "Max.", I heard my name being called. It was my brother. We were in our college dorm room. I got out of bed and we went across town to pick up my brother's girlfriend and went to Rick's Pancake House for breakfast. "Ah, Mister Griffin.", Rick said as we went through the door (He knew us because we went their a lot).

After breakfast we dropped Sarah(My brother's girlfriend) off at her place. After that we went back to our dorm. "Will you come with me to the hospital to take some notes on a new disease (my brother's studying to be a doctor)?", he asked me "Sure.", I told him. We went to the hospital and looked at some of the infected. While we were there 1 of the infected died in his bed. When we got back 1 of my brother's friends who went there met us in the hallway. Him and my brother compared notes."This is pretty good Dave(my brother's name is Dave)!" ,he told him. His friend started to look sick."Are you okay?", I asked. "I'm fine.", he lied. After that me and my brother went in our dorm, ate a little dinner, and went to bed.

In the morning, my brother wasn't in the dorm."He probably went to his girlfriend's house." I thought. I got ready and went into the hall outside. Dave's friend across the hall's door was open. Then I saw a decaying face running at me. When it was right in front of me it was shot in the head and fell to the ground. I turned to see my brother with a pistol in his hand. "What the heck is going on?" I asked. "It's an apocalypse." he said.