prologue

"Adrienne, do you trust me?" Dean asked his lover. She turned to him, surprised and caught off guard by his question.

"What?" She replied, voice barely above a whisper. She was truly confused...and a bit scared. Dean sighed and sat up in the bed.

"I said, do you trust me?" He repeated slowly.

"Of course I do, why wouldn't I?" Adrienne replied.

"No reason, just wanted to know." Dean said, seemingly satisfied with her answer. Adrienne looked at Dean, then settled back into bed. "He's probably sleep deprived." She thought.

Just as Adrienne was about to fall asleep once again, a noise awoke her. She sighed heavily as she threw the blankets off herself, going to investigate the sound. There was no sign of Dean in the bed, so she figured he was getting a snack.

But what she found, was way beyond her expectations.

There was Dean, calmly eating a bowl of Lucky Charms. It seemed normal, right? Wrong. A street light illuminated the kitchen, where Adrienne caught a glimpse of Dean's hand. It was littered with fresh cuts and bruises, like he'd just beaten the shit out of someone. But why?

Adrienne's body stopped in its tracks. Was this person dead? Did he leave him...or her for dead? She didn't want to know, and slowly tiptoed back to the bedroom, putting herself under the facade that she was still asleep. Now she understood why Dean had asked her if she trusted him.

Because he possibly just killed someone.