First Day

I pulled my car into the teachers car park slowly. I few eyes were on me but that was to be expected, I was new, no one had seen me before. Parking towards the back, I unbuckled my belt and lent into the back of my car. Pulling out my papers and assessments I opened the door with a click and stepped outside.

Kids were filling into the school, off the buses. Teachers joined them, milling about and talking. I walked alone towards the huge building, I had no idea where I was going. There was a reception as soon as I entered and I walked over to the lady sitting behind the desk. "Hi. I'm Keira, or I guess Miss Wells now. Um, I'm new in the Pe department?" The lady looked up.
"Oh, yes, you." She said strongly in a thick Scottish accent. She handed me my pass that swung around my neck, indicating my authority, and gave me brief directions.

I stood in front of the PE Office door. At least that's what the plaque read. I raised my hand to knock but as I did a beefy young dude with leafy hair and a huge grin yanked open the door. He turned back into the office. "Amy! You're new arrival is here!" He scooted past me and into the busy corridor. I was left to step into the office. The teachers had a toy ball and a toy basket pinned to the wall. They had a tally beside it and it seemed to be a fight between a tall guy and a skinny, small girl.

I looked to the last person, a thin, but broad girl with blonde hair tied in a ponytail, was perched on the edge of her seat. Her sleeves were half rolled up and the muscles in her arms jolted and moved under her skin and she yelled insults at the other players. She laughed and turned to me, beckoning. I walked past the other two, who were now wrestling with each other. She reached out her hand for a handshake. "Amy, or as the kids call me, Coach Haywood." She smiled.