Realm of darkness

Mikito ran up the steep stairs waiting for my mother to get ready. And then tripped and fell. But her mothers soft, strong arm caught her before she fell. My name is Mikito I am 5 years old .

' that was close, you need to be more careful' said her mother.

Mikito was only 4 so I didn't know much about my mothers past. All I knew was that my father died before I was born in a terrible construction accident.

" one day I will be as strong as you!" Said Mikito in a tough but cute voice

" I know you will", said her mother.

" time to go to daycare", said her mother in a chearry loud voice.

Mikito and her mother walked down the drive way to get the bike. Mikitos mother lifted her up and on to the front of the metal bike. Once they got to daycare Mikito rushed int the centre and into her classroom, her mother yelling out goodbye. Mikito looked around at her class. There was her best friend inhanna, she has long flowing black hair and jeans and a yellow t shirt. she was playing with the blocks, studying them and trying to build a giant castle. There was then kei, a boy with black hair and denim jeans with a black long sleeve shirt. He is a dark confident boy with a mysterious side. Then there was kaname, naime, risonte, rinya and jensai. There was 4 girls and 4 boys.

" time to go outside!" Yelled the teacher.

We all walked out in two lines to a little forest at the back of the daycare centre. I looked around to see a huge red and black dragon laying dead behind a bush. I was speechless. I didn't want to tell the others, or they might freak out. The teacher led us down into a small canopy of trees, i looked around worriedly to everyone. It's like they didn't see the dragon? I quickly dropped out of the line and rushed to inhanna who was Dorderling at the end of the line.

" did you see it!" Mikito whispered.

" see what?" Inhanna replyed.

Mikito stuck close to inhanna until we sat down for lunch. She was just about to sit down when I sat in clear gooey ....BLOOD?!

"Gross!" She screamed.

Everyone stared at her confused. Suddenly the soft earth that we were sitting on opened up. They all fell screaming. The teacher was trying to grab all the children and pull them mt her long lanky arms. No use. They kept falling until they broke the surface of what seemed like water. Inhanna held onto Mikito with her surprisingly strong grip.

Thud they hit a rocky surface covered in dark orange leaves. They were laying under a long pathway forest that you couldn't see the end to.

" we're are we?" Asked kaname worriedly.

" I have no idea" said the teacher in reply.

" every human for themselves!" Yelled the teacher. She ran off into the long pathway yelling and occasionally tripping over. Suddenly out of no where a giant red and black Phoenix appeared...