Chapter 1

Glass bottles hit against each other in the back of the car. I sit in a yellow colored Convert Stingray taking in the sunset painting colors in the sky before me .

" How much longer till we get there?" I say sounding tired,

"We are almost there. Don't you start complaining. I am doing this for you. I wanted to treat you," Alex says in stern voice. 

"I know. Thank you." I say reluctantly. I never argue with Alex. I also never complain or say I don't wanna do something . He doesn't take no for an answer. If I do then, well let just say I am left with scars or bruises afterwards. Our relationship is a series of 'tough love' as he always says. He treats me well though. He takes me out for food like today and I don't have to work a job. Granted I don't like the way he treats me when I don't please him but that's okay because he makes up for it. He also always buys me things and even when he is in a good mood I get to cuddle with him!

"So where are we going Alex?" I ask,

"You'll just have to see Babe." He says giving me a half smile.

I smile back at him. 

After about 10 minutes we pull into a parting spot at a place called the Butterfly Embarcadero. I love being by the bay and this restaurant is right next to it. They also have incredible music. Tonight they have a saxophone player named Tommy Love playing. I stay seated in the car while Alex come and opens my door. I get out and we walk in together hand and hand. It's the times like this that I love being with him. He opens the door to the restaurant and we are seated at a nice table with a beautiful view of the bay.

"Get whatever you would like Baby." Alex says to me and smile is confidant smile. The one that make me fall in love with him in the first place. 

When the waitress comes to get us drinks me and Alex both get gasses of wine. The waitress also takes our orders and before we know it we are left alone to talk to each other . 

After taking a sip of his wine, Alex asks me, "So how was your day Babe?"

"Good," I relied. "I clean the house mostly today. How was yours?"

"mine was also good. Our company got a good sponsor today who is willing to give us 50,000 a year as long as we provide him with a lifetime supply of life insurance." Alex informs me.

"But wouldn't that cost you more money?" I ask

"No love because this gentlemen is 80 years old and already has one foot in the grave. Hey will die before his check goes through our bank." he says finishing with a chuckle. 

We finish dinner and drive home. We live on the water in a beach house.