Skyla

A dragon of obsidian scales blemished with scars, green eyes with a yellow pupil, a dark purple flame flickering at his tail tip curved horns adorned the sides of his head and a large protrusion of bone came from his forehead as he stared up at the goliath in front of him. His spikes seeming only to quiver This goliath known only as the king had a gorgeous blood red flame on its tail and scales the colour of a twilight sun. Atop his head was a pair of antler and a long unicorn horn. Their presence causing the grass to wilt the trees to wither and the earth to crumble underneath. The first with his mouth wide collected energy from the surrounding world into an orb that seemed to absorb the light around it. As it grew in size the colossus began to lean forward opening his maw, his teeth as large as the first. His great black pit lined with jagged pillars surrounded the first and slowly closed. "It all ended with the brightest light I've ever seen," exclaimed the young hippogriff to her mother.

The larger of the two with brown feathers and eyes stared at her daughter with surprise and awe. The young daughter recounted her dream with horror and tears on her beautiful tan feathered face.

"I don't know why you have seen this sweetie," The mother says as she grips her daughter to her bosom, "but don't worry, we'll figure it out ok?" Even as she said this she herself could not believe that it would happen within her lifetime. She had been threatened lately by a local gryphon lord who disliked that the king allows hippogriffs to live free.

"I do believe that your dream was about the Dragon King who rests atop Gaia's point," she said with a humorful trepidation. She'll be asking all about dragons next thing you know was the thought that ran through her head as she answered.

"Mommy can you tell me about dragons?" she asked with wonder running through her. What was a dragon and why was she just now hearing about them, especially if they're as big as in her dream.

"Well Sotiras your name comes from them," she exclaimed unfurling her wings in a sweeping gesture as she touched her daughter's nose with her own,"my little saviour." In all truth, she was her saviour, the one who saved her from herself.

"Really mommy tell me more," Sotiria demanded with reverence her eyes. "Fine, King has scales the colour of the sun-."

"-set," Skyla said as she remembered the last night she had with her mother. After that, her life became hectic with the execution of her mother and her being sold into slavery by the gryphon lord Kuso Yaro. As is custom for all slaves her name had to be changed for her new "Master". This particular one disliked her giving her the name Skyla or bitch in dragon tongue. Now at a height of 5 bricks tall she was considered shorter than a gryphon hatchling, thankfully meaning that she was much too small for the gryphon lord who liked gryphons 12 bricks and taller. It took her three years to get used to the conditions that she would work under for the next 17 Etos. Although considered small to her kind she is anything but weak. At the ripe age of 14 etos having been in slavery for 7 etos unlocked her dormant magic which exploded out in the biggest flare in recent history. This caused the King of gryphons Icarus to take notice and buy her until his death only 6 etos later to the claws of Doku no Kiba the wolf king. She is actually still very young compared to most hippogriff who live up to 700 etos. As servant of his royal highness High Lord Caillte third born of High Lord Icarus who is thankfully as respectful towards his servants as his father, She has to go to some of his most important meetings such as the one she is going to right now due to the birth of General Orgi and his wife Commander Kalosýni.

The only reason the meeting is taking place is the fact that these are two of the most important figures in the dragon army. At least it is taking place in Kefali was the thought running through her head.

"Skyla it is time to go, hurry or you may get left behind," Yelled an imposing figure with tan feathers and a large build, easily standing taller than the others around him. His head feathers creating a crown of feathers bent backwards with some starting to curl upwards. She could feel his oppressive aura as captivating as his fathers were. Like standing among giants while only being 4 bricks tall.