The Beginning

I walk into her room and the floor is covered with clothes.
"Hey, What's going on?"
She emerges from her closest with her hair in rollers and a thick green mask on her face.
"JAMES!!!How could you forget? ? Today is my first date with Jason!!!" She replies, and without giving me a chance to reply she continues, "After seven years of watching him from a far and four years of him finally knowing who I am... I am about to date the most amazing person I've ever met."
"Uhmm, what about me,hey?"
"I meant after you," she replies and disappears back into her closest.

Typical, she forgets all about me when she talks about Jason. That's my best friend, Amy Cordero. She is, unlike me, a total mess. By far the most disorganised person one would ever meet. She has blonde hair, baby blue eyes and the most amazing smile a person could possibly have (she was voted most beautiful smile in our school three years running). Most people think I'm in love with her because I haven't gotten had a girlfriend despite all those girls who leave letters in my locker or who giggle as I walk by or who go crazy if I smile in their direction but truth is none of the girls I know are really what I'm looking for, not even Amy (she's too immature for me).

"Earth to James," I hear Amy saying as she snaps me back to reality.
"Yeah, sorry," I say and once again focus on what she's saying.
"As I was saying.... I know he has a bad reputation with girls and he's kind of a player but I really feel as though he will change for me, after all we connect on more than just a physical level you know, it's like deep, and like meaningful."
Once again she's talking about Jason. Personally I do not like him, I have heard him speak about girls in such a lewd and crude way countless times and despite my many warnings Amy still wants to date him, some people never learn.
"Well you know how I feel about him," I say, " he's not worth your time, there are way better people out there for you."
She looks down for a second then replies," You cannot get better than Jason Adams."

****