Survival chapter one

CHAPTER ONE

I wake up to screaming. It sounds like it's coming from outside. I run to my window. People running every where. I have no idea what's going on. I run down stairs. There is no one there and my house is trashed. I run to my backpack dump it all out on the floor and start to put water and food in it. It is about halfway full.

I run to the door and go outside. I look around. There is people screaming and running every where. I heard gun shots so I started sprinting the direction everyone else is. I keep hearing gunshots so I keep running until I can't here them anymore.

Out of breath I grab a guys arm and ask him what happened. All he said was, "they're all gone! My kids! My wife! they're all gone!" I start to back away because he was freaking out and crying.

I bumped into a guy wearing a plain grey sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. He asked me the same question that I asked the crying guy. I told him I didn't know what was happening and I was really confused. He told me to follow him so I did.

He led me to a grocery store. I filled the rest of my bag full of food and water. I lost him for a couple of minutes then he came back and said, "We need to get out of here now!". So we ran out. He asked me where to go so I told him to follow me.

I went to an old abandoned warehouse. Me and my friends have been coming here since 8th grade. Ever since then we have came here when ever we needed to get away from everything.

When we went inside I slammed the door shut and started to pile stuff in front of the door. The guy asked' "where are we?" "Shut up and help me!" I yelled.

We have the door covered so no one can get in here.

We both sit down on the puke green couch that has been here since I started to come here. The guy asked, "where are we?""My home away from home." I said.

I stood up and went to the mirror to see how I looked because I just woke up and usually my hair sticks up when I wake up. It's not. It is short, blonde, and a little curly. I have zits lining my forehead. I have thick, dark eyebrows and pale skin. I am skinny and also muscular, it's kinda weird.

I walk over to the couch and turn on the t.v. to see if there was anything on about what was happening. Nothing. I wasn't even getting a signal.

"Who are you?"he asked. "Joey. What about you?""My name is spencer." After he said that I heard the door knob jiggle. And again and so did spencer. The I heard a girl yelling. It was jessie!