one.

It all started with an annoying prank call on a regular and boring day. That day, all I did was prepare lunch for my sister and I, fetched the mail, and visited to library to check if the book that I had been long waiting for is already available for me to read. As usual, it wasn't available, which led me to feeling disappointed AGAIN.

That evening, while I was on the couch with my sister, listening to her stories about her "oh-so-adorable" crush as she described, feasting on oreos, I received a call from an unknown number. I was puzzled because I have all my family members and friends' numbers, and I don't give out my number to just anyone or some friend I rarely talk to, but I answered it, thinking it was a friend with a dead phone, or whatever.

"Hello?"

After a few seconds of silence, an unfamiliar, male voice responded on the other line. "Why did you have to leave me, Yejin? I love you so much, and you know that.".

What the fuck? I've never been with anyone, let alone the fact that nobody had even asked me out in my 19 years of existence. I started to think that this is Jeongsu or Seokhun messing with me since they have no lives.

"Su? Seokhun-ah? I swear to God. You need to get a life and get your shit together, alright?"

"Su? Seokhun? Who's that, Yejin? You've found my replacement? That quick?"

I started to get really pissed at whoever this prankster is. I don't want to be wasting my precious time on him. "Hey. I don't know what it is that you want, but if you just want to play jokes on me, I'm sorry but you-" "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I just wanted to discuss something important with you, Yejin-ssi."

"There's nothing important I need to know since I don't work for a company with important.. Stuff. Wait! How the hell do you know my name!? I'm pretty sure that you're a stranger." Well, this is hella creepy.

"Er.. So I guess your ID card ain't that important to you. Goo-"

 "What? Who the hell are you? Give it back!"

That explains why I couldn't find it in my wallet when I was filling up an application form in the office! But then I shrugged it off because it was probably at home. BUT NO. It's with some guy!

"I thought that you didn't need to know anything important.." "I take back my words!"

"Hm. Oh well. I found your ID Card in a book I picked up in the library. It explains why I know your name and stuff." "I see. You didn't have to prank me to inform me of this, you know!? Are you free tomorrow? I really need it on Thursday."

"Tomorrow? Uh sure. I'll meet you in front of that library then."

"Thank y-" and I was cut off because mystery helpful guy hang up. "Yerim, I can't take you to your friend's house tomorrow." "Oh, about that. It's no prob. She's picking me up from here. I give her a nod as a reply. "Oh! You know what happened next!? Sung-" "Continue your wonderful story tomorrow. Goodnight."

What an amazing person. Startles you by pretending he's going on a bad break up with you, then immediately cuts you off while thanking him? Wow.

-

The next day, I woke up in the morning and did my usual routine. Did my facial care, ate yoghurt for breakfast, and did a little exercise.

"Hey. Have you seen my ID? I forgot I had morning class today."

O-O

"Speaking of ID!!!" I immediately rushed to go shower, and put on presentable clothes, because who knows!? As I got to the living room, I noticed that Yerim had already left, so I left afterwards and rode the bicycle on the way to the library.

While waiting for the traffic lights to go green, I had a sudden thought. THAT GUY DIDN'T TELL ME WHAT TIME I SHOULD MEET HIM. I reached out for my phone in my pockets, searched for that unknown number, and dialed him. Surprisingly, he picked up after 2 rings.

"What time should I meet you? I'm already on the way!"

"No need to worry. I just got here. Waiting for you." "Thank God. I'll be there in a few." I hang up and managed to cross the road during the last 3 seconds of the green light.

Along the way, I felt kind of nervous on what that guy could be like. I pushed the thought that this guy would be a cute one, because I know that I will just be disappointed in the end. I really hope that this guy ain't a creep, though.

I got there in just less than 5 minutes. As soon as I had arrived, I immediately searched the area in front of that library. There was a..

WOAH.

There was an undeniably handsome guy wearing a white hoodie, carrying a skateboard. I felt my internal organs tumble inside my body at the thought that this guy could be the one with my ID Card!

On the other side, there was a boy wearing an orange shirt.. With glasses, and a bowl hair cut. Let's just say that he was the exact opposite of the guy on the right.

I decided to get in the library first to text the mystery man. I was 100% hoping that he was the cute one outside or else I would get home ending up disappointed again. Just like my life.. A disappointment.

Nah. I'm kidding. I did really well on my first year of fashion school. My professor thought that I was "too advanced" to be studying there, so he referred me to the best fashion school in town. Luckily, that school granted me a scholarship, making my tuition fee 50% off. Since it was a highly executive school, 50% off of their fee is still too much for me, so in the mean time, I deliver mail every Friday mornings as a part time job.

Me: hey, where are u?

Unknown: in front of the library, like I told you.

Me: yea but which one are u? there are 2 boys

Unknown: oh sorry. I am the one with the orange shirt. Hurry

Me: got it

Oh, well. How disappointing. At least I'm getting pizza afterwards, which it totally uplifting.

As I walked out of the library, I noticed that the guy in the orange shirt was already about to go, so I chased him and grabbed his shoulder, causing him to face me. "Hey. Where do you think are you going?" I say, with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

"W-what? Home?" He says, obviously confused with what's going on.

"What do you mean home? My ID card?" I reached out my hand, waiting for him to finally hand it to me. "H-Haa~?"

"My ID Card!" I snap. Why is this jerk making this so hard for me? Is it that hard to hand my ID Card to me? Or is he just messing with me again?

The bastard didn't even dare to reach for his pockets.. Or bag to hand it to me. Instead, he just stared at my hand. Just before I say another word, someone else's hand landed on mine, together with my ID Card.

I looked to see who it was, and yes, it was the good looking guy in the white hoodie, but I have no time to be on cloud 9. I'm really pissed, for this guy tricked me! The other guy, annoyed, made a turn and proceeded on walking away.

"Maybe you shouldn't make your ID Card as a bookmark next time, alright?" He teases with an annoying, yet handsome devilish smirk. "Thanks a lot." I rolled my eyes and walked away to get my bike, but he was fast enough to grab me by the wrist and tugged it, strong enough to make me turn back around and pulled towards him. It was uncomfortably a few inches close. "Nice to meet you, Park Yejin.". He lets go of me and reaches out his hand. "I'm Taeyong."

"Well, nice to meet you too, Taeyong, but it wasn't nice to humiliate me in front of somebody I don't even know!" I say as I reject his handshake. He just chuckles. How irritating is this guy going to be? "Does it matter that much to you? He won't lose sleep thinking about how you scared the shit out of him. Don't overthink."

"Whatever." then, I left him there, still leaving that annoyingly handsome smirk on his unrealistic face.