The Prince and The Cat

She whirled around and joined her elbow with the man's shoulder and snapkicked him in the chest, forcing him down into the corner. "Stop!" He yelled and she threw her hand out and helped him up. "That was a nice spar Vlad!" "Maybe for you! I've probably got three bruised ribs and I'm gonna have to wear my wrist brace again thanks to your little flip." He bitched at her as she tossed her scarlet hair over her shoulder and flashed him a fanged smile. "Don't be such a baby Vladimir. I was being easy."He shook his head and watched her walk out, her hips swaying like it should be illegal.

"Carressa, you shouldn't expect so much of Vladimir darling. He's so young." "If I'm hard on him now he won't be soft when he's older. Life is cruel and I'd rather myself teach him that instead of someone that's doing for spite." She finished cleaning her nine milimeter and re-assembled it, holstering it on her hip.

"Where is Ishrat? He was supposed to be here already. We are to leave in four hours and no one has seen him since yesterday moning." "He will be here. He owes you remember?" The queen chuckled." He will not dissapoint you again...especially after last time. When did you become so vicious?" "When I chose the panther. What a silly question." "I was only looking for a smile my dear."

"Well, I must prepare to get the prince of Jentis to the keep before the next full moon, I am not sure how I am going to do this without Ishrat, I may have to take Vlad or Iris." "Do what you must but the future of the shapeshifters is in your hands now my daughter, you can not fail. We need the treaty with the vampires or we shall die. We are allied with the magic society but I am not sure if that would be enough to ensure our survival."

Corressa bowed her head, her long eyelashes brushing her cheek. "I refuse to fail. We will not fall."

She raised her head, a different fire burning in her saphire eyes.