Apocalypse (This Is just A Test Book) I will publish a real book soon

1

                                                                    Waking up

AAAARGH!! Jack woke with a start, in hospital. He was wired up to a heartbeat monitor and had a tube filled with a strange grey material stuck into his arm. “Hello?” he said through clenched teeth, but no answer came. “Nurse” “NURSE!! He listened for the sound of hurrying footsteps or the sound of hushed voices but heard nothing, only a loud growl and the bashing sound of his door being knocked off its hinges, “@#&$” Jack shouted while jumping of his bed and shielding his eyes from the dust all at once, he felt something grab on to his waist and then everything went black.

                                                                                           *

When he awoke, he had several layers of bandages wrapped carefully over his head, “what's yer name sunny?” a man said in a thick Scottish accent “what... Where am I, and who are YOU” Jack said fiercely, “ther names John”  “now will ya arnswer ma question?” “My name is Jack Oakley” he said “now you answer my question, how did I get here?” “Well” the man said slowly “It’s a wee bit of a long story” there was a pause. Like the man was hoping that Jack would say something, when he didn’t the man carried on. “You’ve been in hospital for four years” “What!” Jack shouted “that’s not true, I only got there yesterday!” “I don’t think you know what’s happened to the world do you?” “Why” Jack said “what’s happened?” The man…John let out a long sigh “If ya climb up that tree over there ya’ll see what’s happened.”

                                                                                             *

Jack climbed up the tree with ease and looked over the city; the only things that weren’t dirty or broken were a few buildings. The rest were rubble or were too filthy to breathe inside. “Oh my god” Jack said “was there an earthquake?” “Worse than that” John said “look yer hardest at the people that come out of the buildings, Jack squinted down at the city, looking more closely at the people, how they walked and at their dull blood splattered faces. “What are they?” Jack whispered, more to himself then to John “the undead” he answered “what, like in the movies Jack replied shakily” “yea except real” he replied. There was a long pause in which no one spoke but the silence was broken when John started to talk “we need to scavenge”  he said.

                                                                                2

                                                                    feeding time

The man wandered down the dark alleyway. the one where the homeless woman sat... until yesterday, he was carrying a torch and had been looking in every single rubbish bin, house and office. Just for the sake of  finding food, water and something to protect himself with. There was a strange noise, like somebody was choking on something, and then silence. “He-hello” the man stuttered lifting the spanner that he had found on the road, “is someone there?” there was no reply “I know you're there, come out” he spoke more firmly this time, in the kind of voice that described he was waiting for someone to turn up I’m coming to look for you!” the man walked slowly towards the area where he had heard the sound.

                                                                                         *

Jack and John walked slowly down the dust-coated road, hiding and sneaking around the undead and killing some. they had picked up lots of food and weapons and were just about to turn back when a scream made them stop dead in their tracks. “Let's go!” Jack shouted. They sprinted down the road towards the place where they had heard the shout and saw a man struggling with a woman, she was trying to rip open his throat with her teeth! Jack ran towards the woman and shoulder bunted her of the mans chest causing her to break her head open on the hard wall. “Oh my god” the man said through clenched teeth, "what the hell was that!?" Jack could hear the mans heart beating from about a metre away.