Part 1: The Dream

"NO!" A piercing scream hit my ears, waking me up and jolting me into an upright position.

Damn! I had the dream again. I thought to myself. I brought my knees up to my chest, and rocked back and forth, tears streaming down my face. I was hoping my dad and brother would be running into my room asking me what's wrong, even though I knew they would never step foot in my room again. I stopped rocking and I opened the drawer to my bedside table and tried to find the bottle of Vodka I usually kept in there. When I didn't find it I remembered I promised my mom I would stop drinking after the incident I had last weekend that left me in the hospital for a week.

I heard a soft knock on the door and turned to see my mom's warm chocolate eyes that were filled with worry, peeking through the door to make sure I was alright. Even in the dark my mother still looked breath taking. You know how when you were little you would always say you had the prettiest mommy, well that's my mom. Even the magazines she poses for tell her that. She was 5'7" and a model. She had cream colored skin, with dark brown hair that curled down to the small of her back. Both her eyes and hair made her skin look more elegant. She made her way to my bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Cati, shhh, It's alright, mommy's here." She cooed in my ear while rubbing my back.

For those of you wondering, the names Catania Shadow Hamilton, but I go by Cati. I'm 17, 5'3" with skin the color of those creepy porcelain dolls. Not to be egotistical or anything, but I had the brightest emerald green eyes anyone has ever seen though my right eye was a little brighter. I also have natural Jet black hair that's layered, and falls to my chest, with my bangs covering my left eye where a scar was. My mom says I look exactly like my father. I was very skinny, considering I had an eating disorder where I didn't eat anything, and when I did I just ended up throwing it all up, and not by force either. I also had scars all over my arms and legs some self inflicted with razors and scissors.

For the past two years I've been cutting, not eating, and drinking way more than any person should. I mean I wasn't always like this. I bet you're wondering what led me to this kind of life its simple one stupid drunk who left my older brother Venitio, and my dad dead, and me with scar above my left glass eye, along with a broken shoulder.

>_<_>_<Flashback Two Years Ago>_<_>_<

It was a beautiful afternoon, and I just got my permit. Could this day get any better? Just then Daddy and Veni came out of the house, apparently Veni was wining over something.....and he called me the baby.

"So Cati, You want to come with us to go pick up Mom?" Daddy asked, while Veni pouted.

"Sure why not." I replied getting up from the chair that was near the pool.

"You want to drive." Dad said tossing me the keys to the 2011 Porsche Panamera Coupe.

That car was still not even on the market yet. But since my dad knows people we got it early. It was so awesome. I slid into the driver's seat, while my dad sat in the passenger seat, and my brother moping in the back seat behind my dad. Everything was going great; while driving down the Beverly Hills' streets I followed all the rules and stayed at the posted speed limit. We came to a red light and I pressed the brake, and when it turned green I lightly moved my foot to the gas pedal. I turned to look at my dad, when I saw an Escalade going way to fast running the red light and heading right towards the right side of the car. I tried to press the gas pedal to get out of the way before the large SUV hit ours, but I couldn't move my foot.

The escalade hit the Porsche full force, causing all the windows to shatter pieces getting in my left arm and eye, and suddenly my head must have plowed into the steering wheel.